Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £Competitive + performance-related bonus + excellent benefits package and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the role?
As an EMC Technician, you'll be responsible for diagnosing and resolving technical issues remotely, providing exceptional customer service, and maintaining accurate records of all interactions. This role requires strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication, and a passion for technology.
You will be working in a fast paced technical environment offering ongoing training and career progression.
If you are proactive, possess excellent problem-solving skills, and thrive in a remote working environment, we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to technical support enquiries via phone, email, or automated systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues related to Building Energy Management Systems hardware, software, and network systems.
- Guide clients through troubleshooting steps and offer clear feedback on the issues encountered, steps taken and the outcomes reached.
- Document all customer interactions, technical issues, and outcomes accurately in our systems.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate teams whilst ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
To be considered for this role it's preferable but not essential that you have:
- HNC or equivalent level experience with electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Previous experience in a building services role within commercial buildings and can demonstrate understanding of building plant and equipment.
- Understanding on the operation of Building Energy Management Systems and their purpose.
- Prioritisation and organisational skills, you are self-driven with an ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain a collaborative working environment with all stakeholders, including customer and external service providers.
About our Business
So join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change. SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan on Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com / 01738 344073.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.