BEMS Project Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
BEMS Project Manager
Base Location: Field Based covering Southeast England
Salary: Attractive Compensation Package + company car/cash allowance, overtime opportunities and performance-related bonus.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time with opportunities to improve work-life balance.
Join the Future of Building Management! BMS Project Manager Wanted!
Are you ready to lead the charge in revolutionising the way buildings operate? Do you thrive in a dynamic environment where innovation meets expertise? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
At SSE Energy Solutions, we're at the forefront of cutting-edge Building Management Systems technology. We're not just a company; we're a movement towards smarter, more efficient, and sustainable buildings. Our team is comprised of industry pioneers and visionaries, committed to pushing the boundaries of what's possible in the world of building automation.
As part of our growth plans, we are looking to increase our BMS Projects Team and require a BMS Project Manager to work across London and the South East. We are looking for exceptional people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, and the community you live in.
Want to make a difference? Be part of an amazing team? Be part of some amazing projects whilst at the same time expanding your skills and knowledge? Then this could be the opportunity for you!
Our projects business has a fantastic reputation in the industry and has some exciting plans to grow and develop the region further which you can play a key part in.
What You'll Do
- Performing job start up, checkout, and troubleshooting for systems and service installed jobs
- Performing all tasks under the supervision of the Regional Contracts Manager or Business Manager
- Planning, coordinating and supervising all project labour requirements as well as providing full financial statistics on all projects assigned to you
- Understanding and be aware of contract conditions and requirements
- Obtaining customer written approvals and liaise effectively with the commissioning manager to ensure timely and effective execution of commissioning activities
- Obtaining, generating and agreeing programme of works
What You Bring
- You'll have extensive experience operating as either a BEMS Project Manager or Project Engineer within the BEMS & Building Controls industries in the UK marketplace with technical understanding of Siemens, Trend or Tridium systems.
- You'll have demonstrable and verifiable experience of commercial management in the industries outlined above and be able to work alongside the management team. You'll have experience of managing and motivating people, setting objectives and inspiring others to achieve success.
- You’ll have a proven track record of successful BEMS project management, delivering against objectives and to budget. The role may also suit a project engineer with a proven track record wanting to take the next step in their career development. An ability to think laterally and creatively to develop innovative solutions to challenges and you’ll be resilient and motivated to achieve and will possess excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise your workload and multiple projects at any one time.
- You'll be working in an ever-changing environment and as such will be adaptable and flexible in your approach. Excellent communication skills and report writing are essential to maintain strong relationships with all team member and customers.
- Our customers are the life and blood of our business, as such you'll demonstrate a professional manner and be dedicated to meeting customer expectations, including demonstrating a strong set of values to match those of the Energy Solutions Operations Team - Safety, Honesty, Integrity and Customer Service.
Why Join Us
We are one of the largest BEMS suppliers in the UK – a top 3 Honeywell Trend Technology Partner, and the first Siemens Master Partner. We love being a market leader and topping out some outstanding projects to the very highest of standards - on time and within budget!
Working alongside our colleagues in SSE we provide some of the most critical building control and energy generation services required by a Zero Carbon world – enabling commercial and public sector customers to achieve their sustainability targets. In addition to building control technologies, our smart energy infrastructure solutions include solar PV, battery storage, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
At SSE, you can count on job security and financial stability and we take pride in being a national company with regional offices spread across the country. While we operate on a large scale, we believe in maintaining a close-knit, family-like atmosphere within our teams. Our regional offices allow us to provide local work opportunities, minimising the need for extensive travel. We value the sense of community and collaboration that comes from working closely with colleagues in the region, making SSE a place where you can build meaningful connections and enjoy a better work-life balance.
Life at SSE
We are committed to helping our employees develop their skills and advance their careers. As a BEMS Project Manager, you will have access to ongoing training opportunities, including:
- Early access to manufacturer’s training programmes
- In-house training & on-the-job training
- Industry conferences and workshops
- Tailored development plans to help you achieve your career ambitions.
We understand the value of mentorship in developing our employees' skills and expertise, and we offer a mentoring program to support our BEMS Project Managers. Our mentoring program pairs new hires with experienced engineers who provide guidance and support as they learn the ropes. Or perhaps you are an experienced engineer who would relish the opportunity to impart that knowledge and wisdom as part of your role.
We believe that investing in our employees' professional development is key to our success as a company. If you are looking for a company that values your growth and development, and provides the training and support you need to succeed, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a BEMS Project Managers.
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you. From health and wellness to finances and family, SSE has you covered:
- 34 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays), plus the option to purchase additional days.
- PensionPlus with 6% employer contributions, rising to 9% after 2 years service and 12% after 10 years service.
- 7x Life Assurance cover
- Share Save & SIP plans
- Cycle To Work scheme up to a generous £2,500
- EV Salary Sacrifice scheme providing an opportunity to lease an environmentally responsible Electric Vehicle
- EV Charger loan scheme up to £1,000
- Shopping discounts galore!
How to Apply
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and be a part of something extraordinary, send your resume and a cover letter to us. Tell us why you're the perfect fit for this role and how you envision contributing to the future of building management.
Don't miss this chance to be a driving force in the BMS revolution! Apply now and let's build the future together!
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Tristan.Holdsworth@sse.com
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.