Civils & Compliance Coordinator - Maintenance & Inspections
Location: Dorset, Hampshire, Somerset, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Poole, New Forest, Salisbury, Yeovil (This is a field-based role where you will be travelling, however your location should be within one of these depots)
Salary: £35,142 - £40,246 (Depending on skills and experience)
- Use of a company vehicle.
- All PPS and tools provided.
- Ongoing training is provided with this role.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You’ll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
We are looking for a Civils & Compliance Coordinator to join our team where you will be overseeing all aspects of building maintenance and building compliance works within the Wessex region. The Civils & Compliance Coordinator will report direct to the regional Civils manager, who then reports into the regional Maintenance & Inspections manager.
The role will also include:
- Asbestos and legionella management, fire risk assessment, small wiring compliance at substations and the painting program for the Wessex area.
- The management and compliance will be inclusive of our 8700+ Distribution substations, 120 primary sites and 40 grid sites; these are remote substation sites so the ability to travel is essential.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Associated safety with additional works involving the wider maintenance & inspections team.
- This can include Reinforced Aerated Autoclave Concrete (RAAC) roof inspections, security visits, Construction and Design Management (CDM) regulation checks and safety related engagements with Civils contractors.
What do I need?
- Safety is paramount in our business and the successful candidate will have a pro-active and positive attitude to safety and be aware of HSE policies and regulations, including ESQCR regulations.
- You will hold the BOHS P405 cert for the management of asbestos in non-domestic premises or be willing to obtain this along with undertaking fire risk assessment training and Legionella Testing.
- Understanding of asbestos removal / survey techniques along with Legionella management and / or Environmental management
- An understanding of Structural designs / building materials, electrical knowledge including small wiring.
- Driver’s license is essential for this role.
- Authorisation to enter Substations and 11KV, 33KV and 132KV sites is essential, however training will be provided). We are a digital led company, the candidate must have a working knowledge of Microsoft office, which is essential for this role.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 341105.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.