Location: East Riding of Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Aldbrough and Atwick
Salary: £31,339 - £35,892 + performance-related bonus+ a range of other benefits to support your family, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Thermal have a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to join our Gas Storage Business. The Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for supporting the maintenance teams in the delivery of safe, cost effective and efficient maintenance of all plant of the Gas Storage Sites.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Assist the Maintenance Engineers and Technicians in all aspects of repairs and maintenance of the Gas Storage sites to the highest possible standards of both safety and quality in a timely manner.
- Maintain the required records to ensure they are kept up to date to satisfy the requirements of legislation related to plant maintenance schedules, etc.
- Assist the Engineers and Technicians in the maintenance of the plant, buildings and facilities, carrying out modification or repair work in accordance with Regulatory Procedures, safety standards and record systems, to ensure work standard, reliability and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Assess the skill requirements of self to relevant training needs, participating where necessary in its implementation throughout the Sites
- Ensure that all environmental procedures are followed to prevent any environmental incidents.
- Assist in technical audits and investigations to enable reports and recommendations to be produced.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- BTEC National Cert / NVQ Level 3 / or equivalent qualification (or working towards obtaining) and previous relevant engineering experience.
- Understanding of engineering principles and be capable of gaining additional knowledge whilst working in the role.
- Ability to absorb technical information and use it to carry out the tasks given.
- Excellent communication skills with great interpersonal and relationship building skills.
As you will be required to travel to different sites and attend training off site, it is essential that you have a full driving licence.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on Hannah.E.firstname.lastname@example.org 01738 341147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.