Head of Project Services
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Inverness or Perth
Salary: £74,600 - £112,000 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Eastern Green Link Programme is a multi-billion pound Programme currently comprised of two projects (Eastern Green Link 2 enters execution and Eastern Green Link 3 is pre construction), both of which are being delivered via Joint Venture with National Grid. Both projects are focusing on the development of Eastern HVDC Subsea Links which will connect Scotland and England to support the transfer of renewable electricity to key UK centres of demand. This will be the largest programme of work that SSEN Transmission will be involved in over the next decade.
The Head Project Services will be responsible for:
- Defining, establishing, and managing the PMO function for the Eastern Green Link Programme – which is comprised of a multi-disciplinary Joint Venture team.
- Governance, Programme Planning, Portfolio Planning (including non-SSE Joint Venture Projects), Management Reporting, Change Control and Decision Management Risk Management, Project Controls, Workforce Planning, Document Management and Cost Control, for a multi-billion pound Programme of work.
- Enhancing and advancing this along with the recruitment of the team where appropriate.
- Interacting and providing Senior Leaders the dataset to make wise decisions in the best interest of the JV and both TO's.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience of delivering large-scale projects and leading a Project Management Office Function through delivery in a complex environment, ideally within an Energy provider, or similar organisation.
- Qualified to practitioner level (Prince II, PMP or equivalent) with a background of programme management or provide examples of significant equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing processes, procedures and delivering projects in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of key project processes, including status reporting, budgeting and estimating, planning, dependency management, risk and issue management, quality gates, risk management and change management.
- Experience of working in a high profile or risk-based organisations.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.