Procurement and Commercial Manager – Offshore Asset Management
Location: Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So, join us on our journey to net zero. Help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400 (subject to experience) + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing, and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Lead Procurement and Commercial Manager to support SSE Renewables Offshore Asset Management team to keep our fleet of offshore WTG’s and associated infrastructure to achieve maximum availability. We are looking for candidates to have pre and post contract experience of high value contracts preferably within Renewables or a similar industry.
As Lead Procurement & Commercial Manager in the Renewables Business, you will be expected to manage procurement and post contract commercial requirements relevant to Offshore Asset Management team business as well as supporting development of Offshore Asset Management delivery strategy for our portfolio of projects in development and construction to achieve maximum value. You will:
– Work closely with Asset Management colleagues in operations and engineering to ensure delivery of production and delivery targets across the portfolio of assets, meeting and exceeding warranted availability for each asset.
– Develop contract strategies for all major packages that are aligned with and support Offshore Asset Management Business ensure delivery of production and delivery targets across the portfolio of operating assets and those in the development and construction stages.
– Lead an established P&C team to manage delivery of annual demand plans, budget production and procurement within challenging timescales. As well as Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Key Suppliers, Joint Venture Boards, Operating Committees, Lenders’ representatives, and senior management within SSER.
– Oversee supply chain delivery value circa £150m per annum across all assets.
– Engage regularly with Category Managers and the Head of Procurement & Commercial to ensure the wider function provides a co-ordinated, effective, and efficient service to the business.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance
- Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s) and Deliver all project(s)/contract(s) within own area of responsibility and approved budget authorisations
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of offshore wind markets, asset management support contracts, regions, commodities, and services the businesses require and support the development of project business cases during the early stages of the projects that identify the optimum operational and commercial contracts models and procurement strategies to ensure delivery of production and delivery targets across the portfolio of assets, meeting and exceeding warranted availability for each asset.
- Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body preferred.
- Experience in a similar role where you were responsible for leading a team, procuring, and managing contracts, managing suppliers and sub-contractors, and supplier vetting, development, and management
- Understanding of supply chain concepts and how to improve them
- Demonstrable stakeholder engagement and managements skills are essential, as is the ability to influence, lead and resolve disputes and problem solve
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE, and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca.Thorn@sse.com .
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.