Corporate Finance Analyst
Location: County Dublin, Greater London, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites: Glasgow, Perth, London or Dublin.
Salary: £29,200 (€40,800) - £43,800 (€61,200) + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role offers you the opportunity to join a critical team in delivering the Group's M&A, project financing, and investment appraisal projects.
You will play a pivotal role in driving forward all areas across the Corporate Finance team, including:
- Reviewing, assessing and supporting on execution of M&A and project financing transactions
- Appraising potential investment and divestment decisions
- Leading modelling workstreams by developing, creating and owning financial models
- Inputting to Board / Executive committee papers and presentations
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Some prior experience in a corporate finance, transaction services, audit or consulting role
- Highly analytical and experienced problem solver with a keen attention to detail
- Confident communicator who can simplify complex messages and provide high quality work on a timely and consistent basis
- An understanding of finance and valuation concepts and some financial modelling experience would be desirable
- A professional qualification such as ACA or CFA would be considered helpful but is not essential
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and we'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.