Energy Contracts Analyst
Location: Aberdeen City, County Dublin, Perth and Kinross, Reading, Renfrewshire, West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we're rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We're developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world's first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We've already achieved a lot - but we're just getting started. As part of SSE, which could invest in excess of £40bn across the next decade, we're at the forefront of the energy transition - so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
Base Location: Aberdeen, Glasgow, Perth, Leeds, Reading or Dublin preferred – other locations will be considered.
Salary: £38,700- £58,100 + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Thermal Contracts Team are responsible for exploring and negotiating new contractual opportunities for SSE Thermal while also managing existing commercial contractual positions for the SSE Thermal portfolio. The team are looking to recruit an Energy Contracts Analyst who will ensure efficient management of existing SSE contractual positions and support the development of new contractual opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Becoming a subject matter expert for SSE's contractual positions (including Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) or Joint Venture (JV) arrangements, GB and Irish capacity market obligations and fuel purchase agreements) and supporting the wider thermal commercial team to assist optimisation of SSE Thermal contractual positions.
- Supporting negotiations teams while exploring new contractual opportunities (Commercial, Markets and Business Development).
- Supporting the introduction of new JV/PPA positions into the wider thermal team and advising on asset management and optimisation under the contracts.
- Supporting the development of shareholder/JV arrangements for acquisitions/development projects in line with SSE policies/practices
- Monitoring JV/PPA and outturn and despatch against contractual positions.
- Advising trading or generation on optimisation of JV/PPA contractual terms.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An Understanding of Power Purchase Agreements and Joint ventures contractual structures.
- An ability to understand complex commercial or contractual proposals.
- Understanding of industry challenges, regulatory change and impact on commercial opportunities.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on Hannah.email@example.com / 01738 341147
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.