Customer Relations Advisor
Location: Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth or Portsmouth, this role will be fully office based.
Salary: £26,609 - £30,472 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Office based
As a Customer Relations Advisor, you will work within our Customer Contact Centre, where you will support our Customer Service and Operational teams to provide solutions and give the best possible service to our customers who have raised a complaint.
You will be required to work between the hours of 8.00am - 8.00pm, Monday – Friday, and occasional Saturdays.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate effectively and guide our stakeholders internally and externally at all levels in their decision making to resolve issues and uphold SSEN's reputation.
- You will support our customers with their complaints, working with them to reach a resolution and by taking them through our Complaint Handling Process.
- You will be allocated your own cases to resolve, responsibilities include contacting your customer in the promised timescales, investigating their queries or concerns, and producing a co-ordinated company response.
- You will ensure complaints are fully compliant, by following GDPR on all contacts to ensure customer data is secure, ensuring customers are aware of their rights.
- You will ensure all timescales and key milestones are met by effectively using the database to log and file complaints correctly.
- You will support our Customer Contact Centre when required, including during storm and weather events. This will include support for standby cover when required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Customer Service experience including complaints handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- There are some technical aspects of this role that our amazing team will support and train you in, so it's important that you have a thirst for knowledge and enjoy learning new things.
- You should be organised, flexible and self-motivated, with strong time management skills.
- Be solution focussed and have pride in the service that you provide, ensuring our timelines are met and customers are receiving the best outcomes.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Louise on Louise.Conway@sse.com / 01738 351698.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.