Customer Service Advisor
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth - Walton Park, Cosham
Salary: £26,609 - £30,472 + shift allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time (shift work) 37 hours | Office based
We are looking for a Customer Service Advisor to join our team!
The Customer Contact Centre is the first point of contact for any customers who are experiencing a power cut or external electrical issues. We work in all hours, and through all weathers, ensuring our customers are never without power.
Our Customer Service Call Advisors are at the heart of our business; you're often the first person our customers speak to, and so we need passionate, enthusiastic individuals like you to join our team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- As part of our customer contact centre you will be taking inbound calls from and making outbound calls to customers who have a power cut or are experiencing another electrical emergency.
- Talking to our customers when they experience an issue with their electricity supply, providing them with regular updates, offering welfare and support for priority service customers.
- Deal with customer complaints as the first point of contact and be responsible for maintaining a 1st class service to all our customers.
- It is important to us that we support our most vulnerable customers, we will rely on you to identify when there is a vulnerability at a property during your call so it is key that you are able to confidently talk to customers about their vulnerabilities and the support we can offer.
Flexibility and support during bad weather are a crucial part of what we do, this role has working hours between 06:00 & 23:00, 7 days a week and attracts a shift allowance, as well as 1 in 6 standby obligations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in a customer focused role, preferably with experience working within a fast paced or contact centre environment.
- The ability to communicate with a variety of customers over the phone, therefore excellent verbal communication skills are essential.
- We are looking for someone who is organised, flexible and self-motivated, with strong time management skills.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team.
- You must have good computer skills and have the ability to multitask and think on your feet including the flexibility to support your colleagues, provide information to other teams and focus on delivery of customer service goals.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim Annink on email@example.com / 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.