Technical Sales Director (Pre-Sales)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
A Technical Sales Director will have experience that gives you a great understanding of Thoughtworks capabilities within the global technology sector. The role also requires a commercial mindset that aligns to positioning our capabilities to our clients and Thoughtworks overall profitability. An experienced Technical Sales Director brings technical, delivery, product and commercial oriented experience as well as social skills, empathy to hear the client’s challenges, ability to quickly solution the pursuit, create proposals, and subsequently negotiate through the proposal process.
- Supporting the BDMs in shaping selling premium services
- Know the TW value proposition, Service Lines and capabilities
- Alignment of Service Lines to provide the appropriate engagement model
- Build Sales Strategy for new pursuits with the BDM’s & CP’s
- Building trust with our clients to enable long term relationships
- Create Supporting Commercial documents - Proposals, Margin Tool, SOWs
- Support overall account success with navigation through deal review, staffing, legal, etc…
- Transition Opportunities to the Market - Establish the foundation for Long Term Deals while Ensuring Account Profitability
- Expertise to sell premium, not commoditised, services
- Knowledge of selling custom software services and the engagement models and skills sets required to execute on projects. An understanding of different team configurations based on project need.
- Support the creation and execution of pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and individual levels with clients
- Align Service Lines to structure the correct deal based on client needs
- Create reusable support materials and processes
- Transition new business to service lines or market to ensure lasting success with the client
- Engage with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level; has a consultative selling approach
- You have a natural ability to establish and nurture relationships with senior leaders across the organisation
- You thrive in situations where you are given little to no direction and have the ability to lead, organise and deliver commitments on time and within budget
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skilfully manage them
- Empathy comes naturally to you and you use it to build solid working relationships and resolve issues quickly and thoughtfully
- Experience in consulting within pre-sales environments.
Other things to know
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.