Head of Social Media - Global Marketing
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As ThoughtWorks’ Head of Social Media - Global Marketing strategist you will have overall responsibility for the strategy and management of our corporate social media accounts that brings our work to life, increases brand awareness and achieves our business targets.
Your role will be highly creative and varied, from managing crisis activity to developing and implementing high-profile social media campaigns that deliver results, as well as standalone and drumbeat activity to keep our audiences engaged year-round.
You will be part of a tight-knit team and be supported by colleagues across the brand & corporate communications function, including our in-house designers, PR, analyst relations, content and brand team.
You will have a passion for social media, with a keen understanding of the social landscape, the ongoing changes within it and how to harness its influence.
You will have superior English both in terms of written and verbal communications.
Plus you will be creative and have hands-on experience of managing, creating and publishing original, high quality content on social platforms.
As a social media strategist, you should have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of our social media accounts in a cohesive way. You will be able to devise creative ways of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels.
You will have a knack for taking complex technologies and transforming them into clear, simple and engaging concepts.
You will understand what it takes to bring senior leaders and colleagues on a journey and help persuade them to take chances on social media that bring our comms to a higher level, while maintaining the integrity of our work and brand.
You will have experience of managing crisis communications via social channels.
- Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content
- Understanding our audience persona and how to find and apply audience insights to shape social content and copy (topics, messages, tone)
- Develop and manage a social editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Identify gaps in our content and recommending new topics and content types
- Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content
- Liaise with writers and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with marketing teams to create social ‘buzz’ for our brand assets, new product launches and events
- Facilitate client-company communication (respond to queries, get reviews and organize chats and Q&A sessions)
- Manage agency partners such as social listening agency and an external social media agency
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on web traffic and ROI
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Working with senior leadership, legal and PR team to manage crisis response initiatives, develop social media response strategy and execute accordingly, also responsible for maintaining all social media crisis communications plans and protocols
- Assist the head of corporate communications, legal and PR team in internal crisis training, scenario planning and ongoing program enhancement
- Maintain composure, problem solve, and partner with both internal and external groups to ensure that ThoughtWorks is represented according to our values in crisis management situations across social media channels
- Manage social media channels in a crisis
- Degree in English, marketing, communications, journalism or a relevant field
- Superior English both in terms of written and verbal communications
- Minimum of ten years of social media experience in either a B2B or technology agency or in house with a professional services firm or media outlet
- Proven experience of leading, directing and managing social media content strategy
- Proven writing and editing content for social media channels
- Proven experience of leading, directing and managing crisis situations in social media environment
- Hands on experience of using social media for brand awareness
- Strong project management skills which demonstrate an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and influencers
- Comfortable working with a very diverse range of internal stakeholders to develop and produce social media campaigns
- Understand the power of storytelling
- Strong attention to accurate detail, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- A can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a virtual team
- Comfortable presenting plans and results to cross-functional team members, including senior executives
- A brand evangelist and a stickler for consistency when it comes to tone of voice and house style on our social media channels
- Evangelize and educate relevant teams and executives on social media best practices
- Ability to collaborate with, guide and motivate team members undertaking social media across the world
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- An ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a virtual team
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and software engineering to leverage digital innovation. For over 28 years, our customers have trusted our autonomous teams to create solutions that go beyond the obvious. Here, people starting their careers in the field join experienced technologists, software development self-taught people, career transitioners and more, learning and challenging each other. Professional journeys are developed based on our culture of cultivation, recognized by several awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and grow with us. Together, our curiosity, innovation, collaboration and dedication are extraordinary.