Ability to Pay Advisor
Utility Warehouse Limited
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
40 hours per week, 8am to 6pm, 1 in 4 Saturday working
Hybrid working, 2 days a week in the office. Based in Colindale, North London.
Hello, we’re UW
We’re the UK’s only genuine multi-service provider, providing energy, broadband, mobile and home insurance to over 800,000 customers.
Our goal is to double in size over the next five years so we need lots more great people to join us in our journey.
Everybody matters at UW. We embrace different perspectives, life experiences and personalities in an inclusive environment where people can have fun and grow together.
Although we’re a FTSE 250 company and have been around for 25 years, we still have a small company feel and the culture of a start-up. You’ll be joining a bunch of genuinely friendly people who love working together and really want to make a difference
We're here to help people get on top of their UW bills, by acting as the point of contact for customers who have fallen into our debt process - and provide solutions to get them back on track.
This isn’t a role for the faint-hearted. No two customers, problems, or resolution journeys are the same. You will be empowered to provide customers with support, advice and the peace of mind that their current issue can be resolved.
- You’ll be solving customers’ problems from start-to-finish
- You’ll be contacting customers to help resolve ongoing payment issues on their account
- You’ll conduct health checks for repayment arrangements and advise on any payment revisions/amendments which need to be made
- You’ll ensure that customers with repayment arrangements are comfortable with their plans
- You’ll identify vulnerable customers and offer additional support to them - including referrals to citizens advice or debt charities where appropriate.
- You'll ideally have experience working in a debt recovery role, ideally for another energy supplier or as part of a team which helps vulnerable customers get back on track with their priority bills
- We are looking for someone with strong customer service experience that feels satisfaction from resolving a customer issue
- You'll need to understand vulnerability and how to speak to and help people going through a difficult time financially
- You’ll need to be a caring and compassionate individual and empathetic with people in tough situations
- You’ll need the ability to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution
- You’ll need to be someone who loves to think differently about problems of all types, challenges assumptions, and throws themselves into creating new solutions
- Don’t forget though, you’ll need to be currently residing in the UK with eligibility to live and work in the UK too.
What you’ll need
We’ll supply the equipment needed for you to do the role but you will still need a strong internet connection for it to work. Our minimum requirement for internet speed is 25Mbps Download and 4Mbps Upload.
You’ll need a dedicated, quiet work space with a work station, plenty of natural light, access to fresh air and no distractions. This cannot be a communal or space that is shared by other household members.
The perks of working for us!
As an award-winning FTSE 250 company we offer stability, recognition and career progression.
- A salary of £26,500pa
- 33 days holiday (pro-rata), including bank holidays (Bank holidays open 10am to 4pm)
- General Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted healthcare and medical cash plans
- Pension scheme
- Share options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- Co-wide end of year bonus
- Discounts on UW products & services
- Free virtual fitness classes
- Free virtual GP service
- Full remote IT support
- Weeks of intensive virtual training and onboarding enabling you to be fully competent in your role within three weeks.
If you think this could be the role for you or want to be part of UW’s growth, apply now.
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.