Ability To Pay Team Leader
Utility Warehouse Limited
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Hours: 8.30am-5.30pm Mon-Fri. 1 in 4 Sat (9am-4.30pm)
This role is Hybrid working from our Colindale office, North London (2 days per week in the office.)
Hello, we're UW
We’re a bunch of great people working together, solving problems and having fun. Together, we strive to find solutions to help the great people around us get on with the things that really matter in life.
How? It’s simple, we take the headache out of essential home services by providing them all in one place – energy, broadband, mobile, and even insurance. That’s one provider, one account, one bill, and lots of savings.
We’re a truly unique FTSE 250 company with a business model that has real social impact at the heart of it. Being a part of the UW community you’ll join a working environment like no other - one where everyone matters - be it our customers, our partners or you, our people.
What we’re looking for
Payment Solutions is a specialist department that works with our customers who have fallen into arrears with their bills. The goal is to help our customers out of the arrears process in any way we can, working towards an outcome that works for both the customer and the business.
With a multitude of teams covering both inbound and outbound contact, as well as supporting our Partnership with CAB Plymouth, we aim to help our customers in line with our department vision:
“Leading with empathy and understanding, we strive to work hand in hand with our customers on their journey to becoming debt free.”
We are looking for someone who is a team player, enjoys problem-solving, and has the ability to think outside the box. Motivates advisors and assesses their performance. Provides help to management including, hiring and training and keeping management updated on team performance.
The team deals with our most vulnerable customers, so candidates must be able to remain calm under pressure, lead by example, and have the drive and tenacity to make a difference.
You’ll be coaching, developing, and being responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of advisors, ensuring all KPIs are achieved and the team is delivering the highest standard of customer service while being compliant.
What you’ll do
● Day-to-day management of a new team of 7 advisors and making sure all KPIs are met
● Coaching and developing the team to ensure the highest level of customer service
● Understanding and applying OFGEM’s, “Ability to Pay Principles” to support the team in their day-to-day role
● Understanding the repayment options, we offer and guide advisors to provide the relevant options for each customer, based on their individual circumstances.
● Ensuring customers are being signposted to the most relevant external organisations for advice and support. This includes debt charities as well as energy efficiency.
● Keeping the team informed on relevant business and departmental changes and updates.
● Making difficult decisions where required and ensuring a “firm but fair” approach.
- Ensuring compliance and other regulatory measures are adhered to and kept up to date.
- Required to have a proven track record in customer service
- Exceptional understanding around vulnerability and ability to pay
- Understands the commercial risks associated with these accounts
- Strong knowledge of our internal processes and procedures
- Can demonstrate decision-making skills
- Can manage their time efficiently
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you
Join a high growth FTSE 250 business with the ambition to introduce 1 million additional customers to our offering. Help us achieve our ambitions whilst learning and having fun. Become part of a fantastic business culture where people really are at the heart of everything we do.
- Huge opportunities for exposure & development as we scale up
- Access to Spark – a holistic approach to learning and development created by UW to empower our people's personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary including share options
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Life Insurance up to 4 x your salary
- Discounted healthcare & medical cash plans
- A free virtual GP service
- Private pension scheme
- Share options and Save As You Earn Scheme
- A range of Health & Wellbeing benefits including a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, virtual fitness classes and wellness tools
- Discounted UW services (30% mobile & broadband, 10% energy & insurance)
- A UW cashback card - earning you cashback on all your spending!
If you think this is the role for you and want to be part of UW’s extraordinary growth, apply now.
We provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Please note, if you are applying for a role which involves having access to personal data, you will be subject to a background check. Where checks are unsatisfactory or incomplete and/or a failure to reveal information relating to convictions that you are required to identify as part of the background checks, could lead to withdrawal of an offer of employment.