Junior BI Test Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Gold status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex – About Us & Benefits.
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
35 hours per week
The Junior Test Analyst will be looking to drive their career forward in collaboration with the practices and processes within the Vaultex Test Team.The Junior Test Analyst will be required to work within the Technology and Change Test Team and will be required to work within Agile teams, driving best test practice in line with departmental standards.
The Junior Test Analyst will strive to champion quality across the department and will play a part in shaping our processes and delivering our Agile transformation, whilst all the time working towards enhancing and progressing their career.
They will have a customer focus internally and externally and will be able to anticipate and understand customer expectations, and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
This is a junior role whereby previous commercial experience, whilst desirable, is not required and we will consider candidates who have been through a formal training program. What we will offer in return is both formal and informal training in BI and Datawarehouse technologies and testing techniques, as well as training toward the ISTQB qualification.
- Work with an Agile test environment as part of a collaborative team to ensure Sprint goals are achieved
- Get involved in the production of test artefacts for functional, non-functional, integration and performance testing of applications, databases and infrastructure builds
- Assist with the provision of time and effort estimates for testing activities during a sprint
- Contribute and take part in 3 Amigo sessions to ensure backlog grooming is completed effectively
- Looks to utilise testing knowledge, where appropriate, to help assess, advise and implement the best test approach for a particular set of acceptance criteria
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and surfaced to key stakeholders
- Involved in the planning of and coordinating of all sprints from a test perspective
- Involved in the planning of the system and acceptance tests and assists with the coordination of the execution of these plans
- Carry out validation, integration, system and performance testing of software, for both functional and non-functional requirements on applications and SQL databases, as well as testing infrastructure builds
- Raises risks associated with the testing and involved in any preventative action when any risks become unacceptable
- Identifies opportunities for test automation, works in conjunction with Test Analysts to bring test automation into the process
- Defect management using JIRA / Zephyr / Confluence
- Pair with developers and championing the use of collaborative ways of working
- Involved in the investigation and resolution of live issues in conjunction with our support teams
- Look to contribute to Agile ceremonies, including Spring planning, Retrospectives and Stand ups
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work well on own or as part of an Agile team
- A proactive self-starter, willing to drive issues to resolution with appropriate persistence and persuasiveness.
- Previous testing experience, whether commercially or as part of formal training
- Dedication to quality and meticulous approach
Able to analyse and solve problems in a measured and creative way.
Capable of independently assessing a wide variety of tasks, and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Be responsible for own decisions.
- Knowledge of Agile Testing Methodologies
- Experience of SQL Server including testing data flows through systems, transformation, data reconciliation and data interrogation across the whole stack.
- Experienced in the testing BI and Data Warehouse development
- Knowledge/experience of testing ETL, SSRS, SSIS, Cubes and stored procedures
- Knowledge/experience of Visual Studio, JIRA / Zephyr, Confluence, Azure DevOps
- A desire through training and/or experience to be an integral part of the push towards greater levels of automation within the team
Key contacts / relationships
- Able to develop effective relationships with all Vaultex staff, and be recognised as providing a supporting role.
- Able to contribute effectively towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Aware of the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!