Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
Location: Ground Floor, 104 Dalton Ave, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6YF / Remote
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 - 35 hours per week
Permanent, full time position
Salary based on experience
The Solutions Architect (Business Technical) role provides technical vision and leadership and is responsible for the high-level architectural design and technical fit of the company’s infrastructure/application sets. The role provides the architectural interface between the business, internal/external IT and the Business Analysis and Design team.
The role demands a thorough understanding of the end to end Cash Management business/operation and the interaction between each of its constituent parts. Its primary consideration is to map business process/requirements to systems/technical solutions whilst ensuring full alignment of the IT strategy. The aim being to deliver flexible, coherent automated IT initiatives in support of the company’s business strategy and ever changing corporate needs.
Day-to-day activities include engaging with reviewing solutions against the proposed solution and ensuring the appropriate practical steps are taken to build the system to support the solution. The role must also provide oversight and approval of the deliverables provided from the solutions analyst team.
- Work closely with the Business/Solutions Architect (Systems), the IT Director and other members of the senior IT and Change Delivery teams to provide/document a Target Architecture Model (TAM) which delivers the IT strategy.
- Provide architectural design/guidance in support of an efficient, flexible and cost effective IT road-map which meets the ever changing needs of the Vaultex business.
- Review the current pipeline and ensure the TAM supports the architectural requirements of the pipeline. The role will also provide skills in analyzing the current state and the impact that all new projects will have.
- Provide appropriate design and modelling skills to translate the road-map proposal into a practical delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring that any proposed change links in with the technical architecture and remains in-line with IT Strategy
- Deliver and maintain industry leading security standards across the whole IT estate.
- Maintain a reliable, robust IT platform, which meets the performance and availability requirements of the business.
- Maintain an ongoing assessment of emerging technologies across the market and recommend/implement enhancements/improvements/innovation where it benefits/fits with the architectural needs of the business.
- Ensure business continuity/contingency capability is in place for all business critical services.
- Provide technical consultancy and oversight both internally and to Shareholders/external customers.
- Provide technical documentation/diagrams/specification for the IT infrastructure and software demands of any new/emerging project/change.
- Provide estimates/costings in support of the IT and Change Delivery budgets.
- Support contract/supplier management across a wide range of key IT providers/business partners.
- Key member of the Vaultex Technology committee.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Practical experience of delivering a Target Architecture Model
- Technical business/systems analysis
- Communication (Written, verbal and inter-personal)
- Extensive business/technical knowledge
- Broad IT expertise across the whole IT spectrum (Software, Infrastructure, Networks)
- IT Security
- Customer Service
- IT service management (ITIL)
- Stakeholder management (Internal and External)
- Contract/Supplier management
- Presentational skills
- Experience of systems integration projects
- Experience of Data Migration and Data Management projects
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!