Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
Location: Ground Floor, 104 Dalton Ave, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6YF / Remote
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 - 35 hours per week
Full time, permanent position
The TechOps Engineer is responsible for driving the automation and advancement of core infrastructure and network services as we move to a modern hybrid-Cloud in Azure, whilst improving the quality and efficiency of our traditional on-prem platforms, and maturing our use of modern engineering techniques to improve the End-User experience.
- Engineering and Implementation (70%)
- Analysis and Design (10%)
- Supporting Projects / Delivery Teams / Incidents (10%)
- Research, Innovation and Personal Development (10%)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- Experienced ‘all-rounder’ who is equally comfortable working across Cloud, Server and Networks, advancing and maintaining on-prem core Infrastructure whilst migrating a traditional mid-sized complex organisation to hybrid-Cloud; with a likely title of Infrastructure Engineer / Platform Engineer / Infrastructure Specialist / TechOps Engineer.
- Experience leading colleagues in embracing the new ways of working, using toolsets and monitoring / dashboard facilities, so they know where their estate is at all times
- Experience delivering technical solutions to improve the overall quality of Cloud and Infrastructure builds, deployments, monitoring and observability, with an emphasis on resilience, stability, performance and security across all environments through to (and including) Production
- Experience operating a scalable, highly-available Cloud and infrastructure suite through the use of configuration management tools and repositories, ensuring consistent environments meet the needs of the Teams across the wider Technology department.
- Experience of embedding repeatable and cloud agnostic solutions through use of IaC and immutable infrastructure.
- Experience producing quality Designs across functional and non-functional aspects
Strong experience in the following areas:
- Hosting, Storage, Backup
- Networks and Perimeter
- End-User and Server Compute
- Automation and Provisioning
- Monitoring and Observability
Other technical skills
- Strong WinTel experience – Microsoft Windows Server\Desktop editions etc
- Good experience in Azure and O365 - with a focus on hybrid-Cloud hosted Infrastructure, core networking components, PaaS and SaaS.
- Good experience building immutable and highly available infrastructure in hybrid-Cloud.
- Good experience of native Azure products e.g. Azure VPN, Azure DNS, ADF, NSG’s etc
- Good experience in IDaaS products – Okta and Azure AD
- Good experience in KMS\Secrets Management\PKI – Azure Key Vault, CA Servers etc
- Good experience of IaC and configuration management systems e.g. Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible, Packer
- Good experience of Perimeter Security platforms e.g. IDS\IPS, Web Proxy e.g Zscaler
- Good understanding of On-Prem and Cloud backup technologies.
- Some Linux skills e.g. RHEL, CentOS, with scripting skills e.g. Bash, Python
- Some experience with Networking technologies, e.g. ExpressRoute, SDWAN, Micro-segmentation, Firewall’s & Switches
- Recent Industry certifications, e.g. relevant Microsoft Azure or HashiCorp accreditations desirable.
- Someone who enjoys, and is interested in technology
- Keen to support and help colleagues and customers
- Collaborative, open and able to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Happy to wear a number of hats as necessary to get the job done
- Leads by example and perpetuates a positive perception
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!