Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 - 35 hours per week
Ground Floor, 104 Dalton Ave, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6YF / Remote
The Data Architect designs and builds data models to fulfil the strategic data needs of Vaultex within the overall enterprise architecture.
They design, support and provide guidance for the upgrade, management, decommission and archive of data in compliance with data policy. They provide input into data dictionaries and define and maintain the data technology architecture, including metadata, integration, business intelligence and data warehousing.
They work closely with senior stakeholders to contribute to and support the Enterprise Architecture Framework, strategic technology selection and data analysis, definition and modelling. They provide and support appropriate levels of data governance to ensure the long-term optimisation of our data assets.
They provide technical vision and leadership, striking a pragmatic balance between architectural best practise and practical, deliverable solutions.
The role facilitates the interface between the business and the technology delivery teams as well as maintaining key relationships with third-party System Integrators chosen to augment in-house capability.
At Vaultex, our technology stack is evolving fast as we migrate to a hybrid Azure architecture. Example technologies:
- DB – MS SQL, Azure SQL
- BI – Power BI, QlikView, Microstrategy, Tableau
- Data Integration – Azure Data Factory, MS SSIS, Informatica
- MDM – MS Master Data Services, Profisee, Informatica
- API – Rest based
- Infra – Hybrid setup i.e. On premise and cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Defining reference architecture in line with IT strategy including road maps and future transition states
- Translating business requirements into technical specifications, including data streams, integrations, transformations, databases, and data warehouses
- Defining the data architecture framework, standards, and principles, including modelling, metadata, security, reference data such as product codes and client categories, and master data such as clients, vendors, media, and employees
- Defining data flows, i.e., which parts of the organization generate data, which require data to function, how data flows are managed, and how data changes in transition
- Collaborating and coordinating with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors
- Provide oversight and approval of the data related low-level design deliverables prepared by the Development Technical Lead
- Provide the necessary data governance and controls for a financial services organisation, but in a pragmatic manner to facilitate effective delivery
- Be informed of emerging and maturing technologies across the market and how they may benefit Vaultex
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience of delivering a Target Data Architecture
- Design and responsibility for Enterprise Data Warehouse using Kimball/Inmon methods
- Conceptual, logical & physical data modelling
- Thorough understanding of modern BI and Analytic platform design and security
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft/Azure technologies including MS SQL, Power BI, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Factory
- Experience assuring regulatory compliance through standards, patterns
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and inter-personal)
- Experience across a wide variety of solutions and technologies, spanning in-house bespoke development, COTS packages and integrations
- Stakeholder management (internal and external)
Technical (no hands on required, but must be capable to discuss at a relatively detailed level)
- A good understanding of modern database technologies
- A good understanding of modern BI and Analytics technologies
- A good understanding of data integration technologies
- A good understanding of Master Data Management technologies
- Thorough understanding of modern BI and Analytic platform design and security.
- A good appreciation of modern API design and security
- A good appreciation of high level infrastructure/hosting needs to support solutions
- Master Data Management e.g., MS Purview, Profisee
- Salesforce & Tableau data visualisation
- Appreciation of architecture frameworks e.g. TOGAF
- Supplier management and collaboration
- Experience of data migration
- Complex problem solving
- Logical thinking
- Ability to gather, analyze and communicate information in suitable format for target audience
- Determine solution and project inter-dependencies and map out transition states
Job Context and any other relevant information
The Architecture Team in which the Data Architect role sits within is responsible for all aspects of the IT architecture. This includes the following areas:
- Cash management systems/services
- Centralised systems/services
- External system interfaces
- Data Exchange and Transport Mechanisms
- Financial Systems
- Portal Services
- Network and Infrastructure
- Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence
- Office and Systems management
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!