Location: East Ayrshire Council, Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
Monday to Friday 8.30 - 16.00 (4 Days working in Kilmarnock & 1 day a week in Glasgow)
The Facilities Officer is appointed by the site manager to co-ordinate, support and advise the site on all aspects with regards to Health & Safety and Estates.
They will manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training requirements, systems, planned preventative maintenance and compliance inspections to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety and Estates within Vaultex are adhered to.
The facilities officer will liaise with different departments and a variety of stakeholders therefore good communication skills are essential. Flexibility is required on shifts and the successful candidate may need to cover other shifts where required.
- Ensure resources are appropriately and efficiently allocated to key areas of work and that priorities are always covered adequately.
- Liaise with Site Manager to ensure that resources are in place so that business needs are met.
- Recognise training needs under Safety and Estates and ensure prompt completion.
- Manage & behave in accordance with ‘Know your Responsibilities’.
- Develop positive relationships with all Vaultex staff.
- Work to and ensure adherence to the Vaultex Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- A sound knowledge of Health and Safety and Estates management.
- People management skills, together with excellent communication and engagement skills.
- Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of a range of MS office applications and knowledge of electronic security systems.
- Able to demonstrate good judgement, ability to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!