Location: East Ayrshire Council
Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
***Monday to Friday 12:00 - 16:00 - 20 hours per week***
Part time, permanent role
Salary: £12,630 per annum
Location: 4 Simonsburn Road, Loreny Industrial Estate, Kilmarnock, KA1 5LA
Successful candidate must be flexible to cover holidays and other shifts.
Training in admin will be part of the role as well.
You will be expected to ensure the safety and security of the staff and customers of the Note/Coin Site including monitoring access control and CCTV. The role holder will support the existing team, ensuring adherence to security procedures at all times and undertake relevant ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Control room supervisor/FO. This will include various facilities and Health and Safety checks in accordance with procedures.
- Act in the day to day running of a Security Control environment and ensure Vaultex / B of E Security procedures are adhered to within the site.
- Act as the first point of contact for visitors and employees to the site presenting a professional image at all times.
- Be responsible for carrying out daily Security checks to minimise Site risk, dealing with on site visitors, including contractors, deliveries and Vaultex employees, as well as outside agencies including the police.
- Carry out strict security procedures, which include perimeter checks, employee/visitor searches etc.
- Maintain vigilant observation using the digital CCTV Camera system/ alarm testing & assist in periodic security checks and procedures.
- Maintain and record all information accurately.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the building.
- Proactively deal with any security/H & S issues ensuring raised appropriately and timely.
- Conduct and deal with Health & Safety issues, including carrying out alarm and fire safety tests.
- Maintain effective liaison with Vaultex Control Room.
- Other general daily duties as delegated by the Leadership team.
- Good computer literacy skills;
- Confident questioning approach with excellent communication skills;
- Flexible approach to required tasks and working times;
- Well organised with an ability to multi-task;
- Excellent observation skills;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Excellent time keeping and attendance;
- Adhere to the company core standards of behaviour and values;
- Previous experience in the Security field, including control room an advantage, although training will be provided.
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!