Senior .NET Developer
Job Type: Full time
Vaultex are the UK’s leading cash processing company, with sites nationwide. At Vaultex, equality is a core. We believe that businesses can be powerful platforms for social change and that our purpose is to drive Equality for all. Creating a culture of Equality isn’t just the right thing to do, it’s also the smart thing. Diverse companies are more innovative and better positioned to succeed. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. With the help of our entire stakeholders— our employees, customers, partners, and community — we can achieve equality for all.
***Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 - 35 hours per week***
Location: Ground Floor, 104 Dalton Ave, Birchwood, Warrington, WA3 6YF / Remote
The Developer role is responsible for developing quality software and providing third line support of solutions in production.
Developing quality software involves clarifying business requirements, helping to determine how the overall solution will work as guided by the product vision, target architecture and solutions design, following development standards, principles and patterns and making sure all code is adequately tested before being handed to the QA team.
The support side of the role may involve being a part of incident and problem management processes to ensure our services are restored and our customers continue to receive excellent service.
The role is mostly remote with occasional face to face meetings.
- Developing quality software
- Planning, design and documentation
- Supporting solutions in production
- Personal development (new technologies etc…)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
Full-stack development experience with Microsoft technologies, covering:
- .NET Core
- Web API (REST based APIs)
- Microservice Architecture
- Any experience of Azure APIs, Functions, Logic Apps, ADF, Storage Accounts, Application Insights, OKTA/OpenId connect, swagger/OpenAPI
- Object Relational Mapping, e.g., DACPAC, Dapper, Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Modern UI frameworks, e.g., Angular, React, HTML5/CSS
- Databases - Microsoft SQL Server - Schema design and SQL
Demonstrable understanding of how to develop quality software through:
- Testing frameworks and practices, e.g., XUnit, NUnit, Moq, performance testing
- Use of appropriate principles and patterns along with writing clean and secure code
- Integrating with monitoring and alerting frameworks
Ways of Working and Tooling:
- Strong experience of agile development practices as part of a delivery squad/cell
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of agile project management software, e.g., Jira
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of Git based version control systems
- Strong experience and/or appreciation of CI/CD practices and tooling, e.g., Azure DevOps TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins…
Transactional/Critical systems and integration:
- Desirable experience developing critical systems in a regulated financial environment
- Desirable experience integrating solutions with APIs and Middleware solutions; JMS, ESBs…
- Desirable experience providing third level support for production systems
- Collaborative, able to communicate effectively with the team on day-to-day tasks and during ceremonies
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude and takes pride in work
- Logical, analytical mind-set, able to solve problems without over-engineering
We are a living wage employer with Investors in People Platinum status, and as such we have a great range of benefits which you can find here Vaultex - About Us & Benefits
A generous company pension – auto-enrolled 4% employee 10% employer
Living Wage employer offering competitive salary plus benefits
Competitive holiday allowance with an option to purchase additional holidays
Group life assurance
Annual performance related bonus
VaulteXtra discounts on retailers, cycle to work, childcare vouchers, Gym membership, cash back on purchase, eye tests and many more.
Employee Assistance Programme – a free service should our employees require professional and impartial advice for legal advice and counselling.
Robust Learning and Development team and opportunities for career progression.
Vaultex UK Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community. If you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process please let us know. Please note that due to the secure nature of our business all successful candidates will need to provide a five year traceable work history (satisfactory employment references or evidence to explain employment gaps), and complete a criminal record and credit background check. Please note – we receive a high volume of applications therefore it may not be possible to respond to all candidates. If you have been successful for the next stage and your skills match the role, we will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!