German Speaking Banking/ Accounts Payable Lead
Location: Central Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full time
Role: German speaking Banking/AP/AR Lead- Whitbread
We have big growth plans in Germany, with 50 hotels and a confirmed pipeline to grow to 85. The German speaking Banking/AP/AR Lead will be central to this leading the standardisation of the current UK processes and German processes. You will strive for consistencies and efficiencies to allow the accounts payable, accounts receivable and banking teams to be set up for success.
Location: Based in Dunstable, with hybrid working
Why you’ll love it here:
- Bonus: Enjoy an annual Whitbread performance incentive worth up to 10% of base salary
- Healthcare: For you and your family
- Discounts: Up to 60% discount on Premier Inn stays and 25% discount on our Restaurant brands
Check out all of our benefits here https://www.whitbreadcareers.com/about-us/benefits/
What you’ll do:
- You will ensure compliance with relevant payable systems, policies and procedures.
- Supporting the culture of continuous improvement, through initiatives associated with end-to-end processes.
- You will monitor key process indicators and metrics to ensure procedures are in compliance with stated company policies.
- Ensuring productive and efficient running of the German Ledger for all transactional finance activities
What we need:
- German Language – Written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Oracle-ERP.
- Ability to interact with leadership, key stakeholders, employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint Skills
- Awareness of GAAP and IFRS guidelines and applicable accounts payable/
general ledger systems and procedures
Be part of our finance team at Whitbread:
Times are changing and our ambition is bigger than ever. This means huge things when it comes to budget and forecasting, and that’s where our Finance team really springs into action. Finding the right answers to drive us forwards. With new concepts launching, new spaces secured and reams of plans in motion, there’s no more exciting time to join than right now. Get to experience career growth that moves as fast as we do and be part of framing where we are heading.