Research Associate, Assay Development
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to be part of a business with 22% growth last year? Does being part of a business that helps life scientists achieve their goals faster excite you? If the answer is yes, read on!
As we continue our mission, we are looking for a Research Associate to join our team of dedicated Scientists here in Eugene. You will have the opportunity to develop novel biochemical and cell-based assay kits and reagents by providing support to the assay development team using biochemical and cell culture techniques.
Your role will include:
- Perform and/or support laboratory experiments required for assay development
- Assist in validation of enzymes, proteins, and antibodies for assay development
- Troubleshoot technical issues that may arise in assay kit development or production
- Communicate experimental results, maintain laboratory records, write, and modify SOPs and support process improvements.
- Abide by laboratory SOPs and comply with all Abcam EH&S, ethical and quality standards
You will have at least a BSc in biochemistry or a related degree with some lab experience.
You have some knowledge of enzymology or pharmacology, along with being a confident user of MS-Office applications, may have been developed in an industrial production or research environment.
You will be an enthusiastic team-player, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work independently when required. Your focus will be on solving problems as well as being consumer oriented. You must have a strong attention to detail and be able to work against tight deadlines. You must be able to lift 25lbs (not very often) and this role will involve standing for 50-70% of the time.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect:
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.