Lead or Manager of B-cell cloning
Location: Branford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
- Lead B-cell sorting process to ensure efficient and effectively delivery of the targets through the platform.
- Work in partnership with the heads of Antibody Scientific Leadership and Customer relationships to determine the target-level triage, i.e., what targets would be best served by the B-cell cloning technology
- Work closely with RA scientist team, screening and validation team to ensure enough qualified clones are processed to downstream process.
- Work in partnership with the global technology head and the other office leads to continuously optimize B-cell sorting process and ensure global alignment.
- Setting and monitoring KPI to drive down lead time and increase success rate.
- Develop and provide regular briefings to internal stakeholders
- 5+ years of cell sorting experiences.
- Strong data analysis capabilities.
- PHD degree in life sciences is required. Oversea experience is Preferred.
- A broad range of knowledge and understanding on cell signaling pathways, epigenetics, cancer or immunology.
- Fluent in English for written and verbal communication.
- Adaptable, motivated and enthusiastic.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.