Scientist - MSE-kit and Assay
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
Are you looking to work with a growing company? Are you passionate about manufacturing as it relates to life sciences? If the answer is yes, read on!
Our Manufacturing, Science and Engineering (MSE) team is looking for a skilled professional to join as a Scientist, MSE-Kits and Assays in our Waltham, MA facility. This role will be a part of our in-house manufacturing team and work closely with our Quality Control (QC) team, supply chain, and procurement teams. This person will be mainly responsible for providing technical support to solve any ongoing issues with published kits and assay products and ensure our products are available to our customers in-line with our high quality standards.
The role includes:
- QC troubleshooting and provide second tier technical support
- Tackle any immediate manufacturing issues caused by supply chain and manufacturing constraint in a timely manner (material shortage, quality issue, switch suppliers, manufacturing challenges, etc.).
- Communicate effectively with cross functional stakeholders and quickly find solutions.
- Proactively anticipate and identify systemic risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks that could challenge the manufacturing workflow and take action to fix the issue
- Organize and /or provide advanced training to batch production and quality control team to ensure high manufacturing efficiency and quality standard
- Work closely with R&D and Quality Control team and setup process to facilitate product troubleshooting and redevelopment transfer from QC to MSE to R&D.
You have a bachelors or masters degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology or another related life sciences field with at least 5 years experience in industrial life science product development and/or process improvement. You are familiar with the assay development process and workflows and have a deep understanding of troubleshooting products from R&D through to manufacturing and QC.
You have experience successfully managing multiple projects at once and have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. You have the ability to influence and drive accountability across cross-functional stakeholders.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.