Postdoc opportunity - Account Manager, Mid Atlantic
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
If you are a life science postdoc interested in making the move into a commercial Account Manager role, we have a newly created role here at Abcam. Our Account Managers develop relationships with customers across the industry promoting innovative product lines at key labs to develop publications early in the product life cycle.
Responsible for the generation of new business in key academic organizations in the Mid Atlantic territory, including NIH. The focus will be strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities at leading academic accounts in the Region.
This development role will provide full training and support for transition into your new role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop KOLs and seek out platform partners for Abcam assay inclusion
- Develop an account plan for high potential accounts in your territory that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organization.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services.
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in named accounts with a special focus on high potential accounts in the territory.
- Qualify and nurture leads from marketing
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Continually provide market feedback to the organization around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts
- Travel for face-to-face meetings with customers and attendance at roadshows and conferences up to 50%.
- There may be one or two international trips for sales meetings or intercompany meetings
- BSc & PhD in a life science / biopharma discipline
- Desire to sell into the life science market
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be advantageous
- Professional, confident, credible and an enthusiastic team player able to work effectively
- A good understanding of drug discovery and the technologies employed
- Strategic thinker that can quickly deduce best value add for Abcam
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter, which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing.
This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.