Fulfillment Director Americas
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
With yet another year of growth behind us, we have created a new role to focus on further improving our logistics and order fulfillment capability across the Americas. This role is accountable for the customer fulfilment service for Abcam in this region. It will focus on key satisfaction measures (delivery on promise/on time, in full) with the responsibility to ensure the right (and sufficient) inventory is available at point of shipping and swift material flows are enabled throughout the fulfilment process. This key role will be reporting directly to the VP of Supply Chain Fulfilment.
The role requires a laser-focus on both customer and production management mindsets and will work closely with all the parts of the supply chain including planning, procurement, manufacturing, commercial and finance teams to ensure the fulfilment logistics strategy and day-to-day operations are aligned with the company’s goals. The role operates in a global fulfilment network, within the Supply Chain & Manufacturing organization.
- In conjunction with Planning, evaluate and Improve material flows across the network
- Co-own the development and implementation of the global logistics plan, build in house shipping capability and onboard 3PL distribution partners as needed to support commercial go-to-market goals
- Establish, improve and maintain processes for logistics and warehouse operations and manage the day-to-day operations team to deliver high levels of service through the shipping and receiving functions.
- Create transportation and freight strategy for domestic and international shipments, review and select distribution and transportation partners to optimize freight for speed of service to customers as well as duty charges, brokerage costs, etc.
- Lead the development of the Fulfilment team and direct reports, through coaching, feedback and development mechanisms.
- Evaluate and track transportation and distribution partners performance and quality
- Responsible for budgets and financial performance of the logistics department
- Ensure compliance of all trade-related / cross-border activities
- Evaluate and install appropriate technologies and automation.
You will have significant experience within a distribution leadership role covering multiple countries, preferably within the life sciences sector. You are a skilled leader, with the ability to build engaged teams and a real 'Customer First' mindset. You will have significant experience of dealing with 3PL's including sourcing, negotiating, implementing and managing across multiple along with close familiarity with ERP, WMS, and similar business systems and their enterprise integration.
You are skilled at order fulfillment management and inventory management and the ability to develop and continuously improve a customer focused distribution strategy. You are skilled at using data to inform your decisions with familiarity with business intelligence systems such as Tableau or Oracle. You have a proven track record of program delivery and LEAN practitioner experience in information and materials flow. You will have experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment, and be a confident and organized problem solver. It would be great if you had an advanced degree in supply chain or related subject or an APICS certification.
If this sounds like you and this could be the next step in your career, apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.