Business Improvement Manager (Planning)
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
During 2022, abcam implemented a new, wide-reaching ERP system, with numerous technology components, across multiple areas of the business, including Finance, Customer Mission Ops, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Product Management.
As a result, we have installed a new, multi-functional Business Improvement Team, operating across various business units, whose purpose is to maximize the effectiveness and business benefit that abcam will get out of the ERP.
We are looking for a Business Improvement Manager with expertise and best practice knowledge of Planning within an ERP environment, to join our dynamic team of subject matter experts. The individual will work in partnership with the rest of the business in four key areas:
- System adoption: Supporting Super Users and users, answering operational questions, providing support in unearthing and rectifying defects, testing solutions, training trainers etc.
- Adapting the business: Supporting the business to optimise its processes (BOMs, Routings, Inventory policies, Costs, Workflows, etc etc) to fit more harmoniously with the ERP solutions and to build more effective end-to-end flow through the systems.
- New functionality: Supporting the identification and prioritization of new opportunities that the systems can potentially provide, including upgrades, rollouts to sites & products, etc; and helping the SCM organization to adopt them.
- Capitalizing on the system’s potential: opening up new strategic value-add opportunities that the systems afford us – eg untapped analysis opportunities, new reports, etc.
The role involves:
- Acts as point of contact for users to operate the Digital assets seamlessly and efficiently; provides coaching, testing, training and hands-on support to ensure adoption
- Works with colleagues in the business to develop understanding of potential opportunities for system enhancement or evolution, and supports the business in the analysis and prioritization of opportunities based on value, risk, timeline, dependency, etc.
- Drives accountability for deployment and acceptance of the system features into the business, enabling the transformation of Digital maturity within Business Functions.
- Establishes and proliferates best practice processes that Abcam must adopt to maximize benefit from the systems deployed
- Uses influencing skills to ensure change lands well and is sustainable within a complex culture
- Influences leadership to sponsor and champion the necessary changes to effect a step change in operational performance and digital adoption
You have a diploma or other similar qualification in relevant fields such as business, financial, or supply chain with at least 3 years relevant ERP experience and 2 years experience of planning-related ERP modules. You have experience in business and system process mapping and are experienced in data quality management and data best practices.
You are a strategic thinker, with astute prioritization an decision-making skills. You have a results driven attitude, with a drive to succeed. You possess a collaborative, supportive and diplomatic nature with the interpersonal and communication skills to influence leaders at all levels.
If this sounds like you and you would like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.