Senior Research Associate/Research Associate - Antibody Screening and Validation
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
About the role
The successful candidate would be responsible for RabMAb development by performing experiments of serum titer test, antibody screening, and pair antibody validation using various ELISA, HTRF, WB, antibody affinity and IgG concentration quantitation techniques. Detailed experimental documentation, database entry and report preparation are also required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform Serum tests by ELISA based on the immunization strategy and test requests.
- Screen antibody pair candidates by various ELISA, HTRF, WB, IgG concentration quantitation, and affinity measurements at recombination stage according to the project requirement.
- Validate antibody pair performance by sandwich ELISA at QC stage.
- Use liquid handling automation to support high throughput sampling and screening.
- Work closely with RA scientists and project stakeholders to make project progress smoothly.
- Collate and analyze the experiment results, update the experimental information on internal database.
- Prepare of various reagents under the guide of SOP.
- Manage and regular maintain instruments, equipment, and inventory.
- Maintain high quality standards within the lab; ensuring the lab is compliant with all external and internal quality standards, and compliance with all health and safety guidelines.
You will have a bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, or other related fields (master’s degree is preferred but not essential). Hands on experiences in ELISA and WB and HTRF. (IgG concentration quantitation, and affinity measurement are preferred but not essential). Solid organisational skills including attention to details and multi-tasking skills. Good communication skill withs, active work attitude and strong sense of responsibility.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.