Finance Business Partner
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Reporting to Head of Finance – Sales, Service & Marketing (SSM), the Finance Business Partner – Sales, Service & Markeitng will play a key role in supporting the functions through monthly business performance review and by providing value added analysis to SSM Senior Leaders.
The role will be responsible for ensuring delivery of timely budgets and forecasts, providing analysis of cost drivers and returns, performance metrics and modelling, and analysis for external reporting.
Occasional travel to global offices could be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overall ownership for OPEX budget / forecast process for SS&M (in line with central guidance and timetable)
- Partnering for SLT and programs including cost control, risk and oppotunity identification, and ongoing financial guidance
- Oversight / review of month end accounts and KPIs including SLT review to identify and highlight key messaging
- Provide value add insights to the business and ensure all regular / ad hoc reporting accurately reflects cost drivers and KPIs, remove excessive reporting (reports detailing non key stats or data splits no longer matching structure)
- Build business cases and any analytical modelling for the function, drawing on the wider cross functional teams as necessary
- Take a lead role in preparing analysis and modelling for external reporting as needed
- Ensure that correct financial procedures are maintained and adhered to
- Support Sales and Service leadership with strategic decision making through the identification and generation of insights and innovative reporting
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Performance management experience – ability to propose new KPIs based on gaps in performance
- Ad hoc analysis and modelling as required
You are a qualified accountant, CPA or equivalent or qualified by experience. You will have at least 3 years experience in a finance business partner role in a highly commercial environment and the ability to build relationships at VP level along with being seen as a partner and trusted advisor. You will be able to influence and challenge senior stakeholders of the Sales, Service & Marketing team in a constructive manner, as well as working with other members of the finance team to understand and communicate any impacts on other functions in the business.
You also possess strong commercial acumen to be able to consider the commercial impact of finance on Sales, Service & Marketing decisions. You will be able to work under pressure, with often tight deadlines and multiple priorities, making sure the customer is a key driver for any decisions. If this looks like you, we would love to here from you so apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at abcam.