Location: Waltham, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Are you looking to work with a growing company? Are you passionate about manufacturing as it relates to life sciences? If the answer is yes, read on!
Abcam, a leading provider of life science reagents, is seeking a dedicated and skilled professional to join our In-House Manufacturing team in Waltham, MA. As a Manufacturing Scientist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our high-quality products reach our customers, making a significant impact on the life sciences industry.
- Provide technical support to the Batch Production team, addressing complex inquiries and challenging components.
- Conduct experiments to identify root causes of issues with in-house manufactured proteins, collaborating with R&D and PE teams to update processes.
- Address immediate manufacturing challenges caused by supply chain and production constraints, ensuring timely resolution of material shortages, quality concerns, and manufacturing issues.
- Develop and implement protein validation methods and raw materials validation experiments in coordination with R&D and PE teams.
- Organize and deliver advanced training to the manufacturing team, ensuring high efficiency and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the PE team to identify and implement process improvements, streamlining manufacturing workflows.
- Proactively anticipate and mitigate systemic risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks that may disrupt manufacturing processes, working with the PE team to find solutions.
You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology, or another related life sciences field with at least five years of experience in industrial life science manufacturing, QC, product development, and/or manufacturing process improvement. You have hands-on experience with either assay development or QC troubleshooting or troubleshooting for manufacturing processes, you have a deep understanding of product manufacturing workflows and broader knowledge to achieve process improvement.
You have experience successfully managing multiple projects at once and have strong communication skills, both verbal and written. You have the ability to influence and drive accountability across cross-functional stakeholders.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.