Associate, Data and Technology Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
About Our Company
Aflac Global Investments located in downtown financial district located at 100 Wall Street, corner of Water Street and is the organization who’s responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac, Inc. With more than 125 employees in US (New York) and Japan (Tokyo); Aflac’s Global Investments organization seeks to maximize risk-adjusted returns subject to our liability profile and capital requirements and generates in excess of $3.0 billion a year in net investment income. Aflac Global Investments is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac, Inc.
Within Aflac’s Global Investments division, the Data and Technology Analyst – Data Governance, is a member of the Global Data Governance team within Operations. The position requires expertise in business and data management concepts, along with the ability to reason, recommend, and gain compromises that enhance the value of the Global Investments data assets. This position also provides oversight of the day-to-day data management responsibilities and adherence to Global Data Governance guidelines, policies and procedures. In addition to the daily responsibilities described below, the Data Steward will also work on data management projects and help to support communications with data management colleagues in Tokyo, Japan.
Reports to: Director, Head of GI Data Governance
Primary Support: Aflac Global Investments – all departments
Other Relationships: Operations, Risk, Compliance, IT Investment Accounting and other key stakeholders.
- Meet the Global Data Governance team’s objectives by liaising with the front, back, and compliance departments, and by supporting the company’s overall portfolio objectives.
- Perform business analysis with technology and business to identify data requirements as department needs arise.
- Establish and maintain the data management policy.
- Reference data setup in Aladdin, Code Red and other business systems.
- Create a collection of common business (data management) definitions.
- Define data flow and processes, develop or improve existing based on business needs.
- Ensure data quality by developing data standards.
- Check daily reports on Security and Pricing and working to resolve the exceptions.
- Assist in identifying gaps in procedural documentation and making the necessary updates.
- Work with Japan Data Governance along with Japan Operations teams as necessary to help communicate global workflows.
- B.A./B.S degree in finance, business, economics, or similar quantitative disciplines.
- 3 years direct experience for GI Associate and 7 years of direct experience for GI Assistant Vice President. Direct experience is specifically in data/security, fixed income, currency, and derivatives. Private Assets experience; private equities, real estate, middle market loans, infrastructure debt, and other private securitizes assets are a welcomed plus.
- Working knowledge of Aladdin or other trading system platforms; trade platform workflows is a plus.
- Working knowledge of data governance platforms (Collibra, Informantica, Alation, etc.) is a plus.
- Competency with Excel or other data analytic tools.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise fashion (both written and oral). Good presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fluid environment. Complete tasks independently, yet interact in a team environment.
- Highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines independently
Schedule: This is a hybrid role and requires a minimum of 3 days in the office each week at our NYC location, with 2 working from home.
The current salary range for this job is $ 81,044 to $133,723
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.