Lead IT Auditor
Location: Atlanta, Columbia, South Carolina, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Under the general direction of audit management, conducts complex audits for information systems operations; plans assigned projects; determines audit scope and develops and writes the audit work program; performs the audit work as developed in the audit program using automated facilities wherever feasible; works with and reviews the work of designated staff to ensure compliance with audit standards. Work includes a combination of higher level individual contributions and leading a team of auditors and/or consultants. Assigns, reviews and approves the work of junior team members.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes audit results to determine the effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and protection of company assets; performs thorough reviews of assigned areas, including transactions, documents, records, physical assets, and automated functions and reviews for accuracy, adequate controls, and operational efficiency
- Examines and analyzes information systems operations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of internal information systems controls.
- Oversees daily work activities for junior team members; assigns, reviews and approves work; provides advice and direction to lower level auditors and/or consultants
- Oversees the functional and administrative activities of the IT consulting relationship
- Identifies and reports to Internal Audit management occurrences that could be construed as fraud or violation of established laws or statutes; documents audit findings that will be the basis of the final report
- Prepares draft audit reports for supervisory review, including audit findings and recommendations; participates in closing conferences to discuss audit results; prepares PowerPoint presentations, visuals, graphs and other materials as requested
- Evaluates management action plans to verify that all audit issues have satisfactory responses; participates in annual SOX process; participates in system development project teams as an internal controls consultant
- Participates in educational opportunities to enhance knowledge of internal audit and IT audit techniques, insurance, accounting, and business administration; performs special projects as assigned
- Travel required approximately 30% of the time
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- six years of professional job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of COSO Internal Control-Integrated Framework, COBIT framework, NIST frameworks and other IT related regulations
- In-depth knowledge of Aflac’s organizational and functional structure and processes, products, and services
- Strong knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Uses logic and reasoning skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with Aflac’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts
- Exhibits and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office software, including intermediate proficiency using Word and intermediate to advanced proficiency using Excel
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual and/or in-person)
Career Progression Acknowledgement
Normal Career Progression - This is a normal career progression (NCP) position and incumbent may progress to the next level in the job family without further competition when there is an existing business need, qualifications identified in the job profile are met, advancement recommended by management, with human resources approval, and in accordance with company guidelines.