Sr Corporate Insurance Analyst
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
As a member of the Global Risk team, oversees the administration and analysis of insurance coverage and other risk programs for the Aflac organization to reduce risk and losses. Gathers, analyzes and prepares data for underwriting submissions and manages or supports renewal timeline with brokers and insurers. Ensures appropriate exposure schedules are completely and accurately maintained by the business units and analyzes trends or deviation from expectation in order to identify new or changing risk profiles. Reviews third party contracts for appropriate insurance requirements. Analyzes and prepares KPI/KRI data related to the program and communicates results to leadership in a timely manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the underwriting renewal process for all insurance lines for coverage of Aflac companies; gathers, analyzes and prepares data for underwriting submissions and manages or supports renewal timeline with brokers and insurers
- Oversees the issuance of certificates of insurance and auto insurance identification cards
- Reviews premium invoices based upon renewal proposals and submits to accounts payable; assists with premium allocations, claims, and premium refunds
- Works closely with insurance brokers and other internal departments to perform claims management, including notifying insurers and preparing internal reports
- Reviews business contract insurance language, the services being provided, and the risk involved, utilizing established corporate guidelines
- Reviews tier rankings of suppliers and recommends changes, as needed, based on the services being provided
- Maintains complete current and archived insurance policies
- Prepares budget for the Corporate Insurance Program, including performing variance analysis
- Ensures complete and accurate schedules of insurance are maintained and reported by the business (payroll, property, auto)
- Oversees and audits the DOT Driver Program for Aflac to ensure compliance with internal and external guidance; maintains authorized driver schedule and Aflac’s Driving Policy
- Manages the posting of the monthly Drug Free Newsletters and reporting to Drug Free Council
- Maintains current policies and procedures for the Corporate Insurance Management function
- Creates materials/presentations for various committees and communications, as needed
- Gathers, analyzes and reports out program performance and risk indicators on a regular basis and escalates to leadership in a timely manner
- Trains and advises junior members of the team, as needed
- Stays abreast of insurance industry claims activity, underwriting practices and limit benchmarking
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree risk management, business management, finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant business discipline
- Four years of job-related professional work experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation
- Corporate insurance experience; underwriting or claims experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Strong research skills
- Knowledge of contract liability and claims management
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and achieve results
- Enterprise Risk Management Competencies
- Technical Knowledge & Skill - Performs data analysis under close supervision and direction. Applies basic analytical skills. Still learning risk concepts and processes.
- Communication - Clearly conveys information & ideas to individuals & groups through a variety of communication methods. Listens effectively & able to clarify & synthesizes information from multiple sources. Chooses an appropriate & effective way to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Personal Effectiveness & Development - Displays self awareness & conscious of the implications of interactions with others; takes personal responsibility for improving oneself through use of resources.
- Impact - Takes pride in your work & strive for excellence to achieve the best possible results for the company. Brings value to the company through ideas and work product.
- Teamwork - Establishes & maintains respectful, cooperative, collaborative, & productive working relationships with informal & formal teams to accomplish goals.
- Business Knowledge & Acumen - Basic knowledge of the business. Still learning key stakeholders and organization hierarchy. Requires close guidance while completing tasks and projects.
- Project Management - Basic project management skills, however, still requires much guidance to achieve results. Focus is still on learning and applying concepts to resolve issues.
- Influencing - Developing business, technical and communication skills in order to begin influencing others.
- Decision Making - Ability to provide appropriate analysis to inform decision making; begins to understand impact of data on business decisions and raises concerns in a timely manner. Begins to show ability to make effective business decisions with guidance from manager and others.
- Values Driven - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions. Listens with respect and objectivity even when others' opinions conflict with one's own. Adheres to standards of professional conduct
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual and/or in-person)
Career Progression Acknowledgement
Normal Career Progression - This is a normal career progression (NCP) position and incumbent may progress to the next level in the job family without further competition when there is an existing business need, qualifications identified in the job profile are met, advancement recommended by management, with human resources approval, and in accordance with company guidelines.