Billing Analyst, D&V
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $33,000 - $76,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic skills and understanding of how billing data and systems interact
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, data entry, and accounting software programs.
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4 years of experience as a billing analyst or in a similar role
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute tasks according to the monthly billing cadence
- Verify, issue and send accurate invoices timely
- Analyze and correct group set up, as needed
- Ensure group billing accounts are set up correctly and according to requirements
- Analyze and generate monthly commissions reporting and statements
- Generate commissions payments, ensuring accuracy of ACH and check payment
- Reconcile in-force premium to production credit systems and facilitate necessary change
- Communicate with clients and other departments, resolving issues, and providing clarification
- Execute monthly reconciliations
- Prepare reports and deliver reports according to deadline
- Analyze all billing processes and data and troubleshoot issues as they come
- Analyze all billing procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $33,000 to $76,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.