Assistant Vice President, Credit Research Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
About Our Company
Aflac Global Investments located in the heart of the financial district is the organization who’s responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac, Inc. With more than 100 employees in US (New York) and Japan (Tokyo); Aflac’s Global Investments organization seeks to maximize risk-adjusted returns subject to our liability profile and capital requirements and generates in excess of $3.0 billion a year in net investment income.
Within Aflac Global Investments (GI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac, Inc., the Assistant Vice President, Credit Research Analyst is a member of the Credit Research Team. As a member, the individual will work closely with the entire GI team, with a particular emphasis in close collaboration with the head of credit, team leads, senior credit analysts, portfolio managers, traders, and the other credit analysts in the development and implementation of credit research, analysis, and recommendations consistent with the company’s overall portfolio objectives. The individual should have a developed understanding of organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (vernal and written), while knowing your audiences(s) and meeting multiple deliverables with highly structured timelines. Particular emphasis on individuals with Technology sector experience (as a stand alone or within TMT coverage).
Reports to: Managing Director, Global Head of Credit
Primary Support: Credit Research Team
Other Relationships: Other Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Compliance, Legal, Trading Desk, Investment Accounting, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Auditors, Investment Risk Management (IRM), IT and other key stakeholders.
- Credit Analyst will be responsible for proactively monitoring assigned sectors and taking the lead in making recommendations for portfolios supporting global insurance products.
- Credit analysts must conduct in-depth market research across assigned sectors to support investment recommendations. Key components of this analysis will include, but not be limited to, key trends and competitive landscape in assigned sectors; review of company financial reports; earnings and news releases; and a framework for analyzing relative value within and across industry sectors. Monitor, gather, and organize information critical to the credit investment decision process. Provide verbal and written summaries of relevant information. Calculate key credit metrics, particularly liquidity, leverage, and cash flow ratios.
- Identify potential new investments for the portfolio; Keep senior credit analyst / team lead and portfolio manager apprised of key news events
- Prepare oral and written analyses and summaries to other credit analysts and key stake holders as needed.
- Have a detailed understanding of each bonds’ position in the capital structure.
- Perform relative value analysis for the portfolio.
- Maintain relationships with sell-side analysts, rating agencies and company management to keep up to date on investment opportunities.
- Update and manage relevant internal and external sources of data.
- Conduct ad hoc projects, analyses, and other support to relevant stakeholders as required
- Direct experience in Credit Research and a minimum of 8 years of experience.
- B.A. / B.S degree in finance, engineering, mathematics, statistics, or similar quantitative discipline is required. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Requirements include: strong analytical capabilities, excellent verbal and written communication skills, desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Buy-side experience preferred, with a strong emphasis on rating agency or investment banking experience.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a fluid environment and to complete tasks independently yet, interact in a team environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines independently.
Please note: Aflac Global Investments' hybrid working environment requires a minimum of 3 days in the office
The range on this positions is: $87,000 to $200,000
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.