SCC Accounting Coordinator I
Location: Georgia, South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range:$35,000 - $80,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Hybrid (T/W/TH), Columbia, SC or Columbus, GA
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Understanding of commissions, production credit, bonuses, the sales organization structure
- General analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to resolve problems through careful analysis and weighing of available options
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Comprehensive understanding of all Sales Contracting and Compensation functions
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate
- Microsoft Word - Intermediate
- Microsoft Access - Intermediate
- SharePoint – Intermediate
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related field
- 0 - 2 years of related work experience in areas such as accounts payable, account reconciliation, accounting, or bookkeeping
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- 2 years of experience in Sales Contracting and Compensation or Agent Validation
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Under moderate supervision and with some latitude for independent decision-making, completes requests to resolve associate and agent commission issues on routine day-to-day functions ranging from simple to complex; maintains effective working relationships to ensure that concerns are promptly and completely resolved within established state guidelines
- Reviews and processes invoices; reviews budgets and conducts financial analysis; documents recovery plans within established guidelines, and escalates more complex scenarios to higher level teammates or leadership; audits the system for accurate setup; works with division budget analyst to continually report, monitor, and reconcile all committed and available funds for use of enrollment/marketing enrollment and subsidy; ensures compliance with all state Department of Insurance (DOI) requirements; confirms compliance with established business practices and state specific insurance department regulations
- Researches error transactions, discrepancies, and reports variances in order to take appropriate action to resolve each issue; initiates, stops, or retros payments; adjusts and/or reimburses deductions and withholdings; prepares debit /credit requests to reconcile and balance monthly deduction, withholding, statement accounts and reports; reviews and
- Provides action requests to other departments and/or team members to ensure associates’ records are established or re-established accurately; monitors associates’ records or department reports to ensure criteria for compensation and other incentive/program eligibility is maintained; performs research and calculations to confirm account status, determine under payments or over-payments; works with management and the Legal Department to determine the appropriate action to be taken to recoup over-payments and/or other payments due to the organization from associates
- Maintains and verifies transaction records to support and validate year-end transaction roll-up and reports; ensures that all transactions (manual or automated) are posted; confirms the content and all calculations in the information presented and the approving authority; prepares the required documentation to generate payment and/or notification
- Collects and analyzes data for trends, effectiveness, efficiency, and recommends enhancements to existing standards; assists with establishing and monitoring appropriate metrics, standards, and service-level agreements; collaborates with leadership to identify areas of improvement; supports preparation of business cases and analyses for compensation related initiatives
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $35,000 - $80,000
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.