Dir, D&V Tech Product Mgmt
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $115,000 - $235,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
What will you be doing in this role?
- Demonstrated ability to apply operations management and business process re-engineering tools and techniques to a wide variety of business techniques
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with Aflac’s senior management and internal and external business contacts
- Strong project management, leadership, problem solving and practice development skills
- Strong personal computer skills with experience in Windows-based software
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or related field
- Ten years of professional job related work experience, 5 years management experience
- Five years of product management or product marketing and leading other professionals within a product or marketing environment
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master's Degree
- Demonstrated innovative problem solving and strategic thinking skills, along with strong business acumen in the Healthcare Industry
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and prioritizes multiple product development teams and projects based on organizational goals, changing functional needs, and resource capacity; leads implementation, operational planning/excellence, establishment, execution, and evaluation of multifaceted programs
- Identify market opportunities, analyze, and compile data insights to provide strategic proposals for direction of products
- Partners with key business leaders to ensure product initiatives are closely aligned with business strategy and goals; facilitate the development of resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for key strategic activities
- Supports executive leadership by supplying reports on product vision, development implementation, and backlog status, identifies skill gaps and initiates activities to close the gaps; measures and tracks performance to enhance identified efficiency and effectiveness; directs project/portfolio resource planning, reporting, prioritization, and budgeting
- Coaches, mentors, motivates, and manages team members, and internal and external customers; effectively communicates and manages project expectations to sponsors, executive management, team members and other stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Assists in developing long-range visionary strategic plans and annual budgets for the areas within scope of responsibility and ensures that operations are managed within authorized budgets; advises, develops, reviews, and approves budgets, plans, and business goals; reviews and interprets performance against operating plans and standards for the business unit
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $115,000 - $235,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.