Technical Consultant (AWS/ETL)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $70,000 - $160,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Remote or On-site
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- AmazonWebServices (AWS) – AWS Glue, Kinesis, SNS, Lambda, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, S3, Databricks/EMR, Kafka (MSK/Confluent)
- Snowflake, Python, Redshift
- Agile Development Methodology & Procedures
- Data Analysis
- Development Software & Event Driven Architectures/Schema Evolution
- SQL, NoSQL & Relational Databases
- Github, ADO, Git Actions, DevOps Pipeline, Source Control
- API/ WebApp development, Web Service Development
- Lead Medium Projects
- Kubernetes, Docker containerization
- JSON, AVRO, Parquet, ORC, XML
- Microservice style architecture
- Spring Framework
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Programming/Information Systems or Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of job related work experience such as programming/systems analysis/systems administration
- Experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, as well as systems and data design and project management methodologies
- Certification in AWS Solution Architect (Associate) a PLUS
- Machine Learning, Graph DB, AWS Sagemaker a PLUS
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and mentors technical and project team members at the business function level
- Operates as a project leader on a limited number of projects and may work on other projects as a member of the team providing advanced technical expertise
- Works on small, large complex and enterprise-wide projects that require the highest level of expertise; participates on project teams, systems and data analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and more complex production support
- Leads the project team in analyzing the requirements and providing accurate and detailed estimates for the designing, building, testing and deployment phases of the project
- Provides technical leadership and mentoring to various technical teams
- Collaborates with Architects, Developers, Senior Infrastructure Technical staff and/or Software Systems Engineers to evaluate and recommend technology advancements and business solutions for assigned projects and/or applications
- Supports the implementation and testing of cross-functional systems, ensuring system meets the needs of client and business; provides continuous support to internal and external clients who are experiencing problems with server hardware, operating systems, core infrastructure applications and related utilities, maintains mainframe operating systems or major subsystems, and associated software and hardware products; handles unresolved support issues across multiple areas of expertise
- Proactively monitors projects and/or existing production applications and core infrastructure by looking for ways to improve the applications and its availability
- Handles unresolved production support issues across multiple areas of expertise; analyzes the current architecture
- Provides design recommendations, develops application and custom integration solutions, including major enhancements and interfaces; writes complex design specifications
- Provides leadership to support ongoing maintenance of mainframe and/or client server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Facilitates and ensures on-time completion of performance, load, functional and other categories of testing and application vulnerability testing efforts and resolution of issues; develops new cross-functional software systems using disciplined software development processes
- Prepares and presents status updates for various projects as needed
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $160,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.