Supervisor, Enrollment Compliance
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Hybrid, Columbia, SC
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal/external customers and management
- Ability to meet deadlines which may not always be negotiable
- Ability to provide routine and ad hoc updates in a short period of time
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes and deliverables needed to make sound recommendations and to develop an audit process and schedule to validate corrective actions/controls to ensure effectiveness
- Knowledge of risk management
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 4-6 years of job-related work experience
- 3 years in a leadership/senior/supervisory capacity in a diverse work environment
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the daily activities of the Enrollment Compliance support team ensuring that quality and production goals are met; establishes priorities and schedules daily work assignments; gathers and analyzes data and reports; completes reports summarizing activities and trends
- Assists in strategic and tactical operational plans to ensure achievement of company and departmental goals; reviews processes and procedures to streamline activities to enhance service turnaround time, productivity, and quality
- Assists with efforts to implement process improvement initiatives; assists with facilitating focus groups; uses methods such as work process studies, statistical analysis, and assessments of process area performance to establish process improvement recommendations; assists with the evaluation of recommended initiatives to determine cost, benefit, and feasibility
- Assists with process analysis studies; documents problem areas and recommends resolutions; monitors report portfolio to ensure relevancy; assists with the development of new and revised reports required to measure and report on process area performance and goal/objective attainment
- Maintains communications and liaisons with IT and ATS during the life cycle of sponsored projects/initiatives; identifies, analyzes, and monitors business technology requirements and enhancement possibilities; recommends viable technological solutions, modification, and applications for the process area
- Motivates, coaches, and develops individuals within the team; ensures that consistent and constructive feedback is provided to employees through performance evaluations and other means of communication; maintains employee personnel records; identifies training needs; recommends promotions and terminations of employees as approved by the Manager; prepares monthly performance information for management review
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.