Supervisor, Document Control/Admin Training
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Hybrid, Columbia SC or Columbus, GA
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Excellent Windows-based software skills, to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong knowledge of writing principles, English, grammar, and spelling to create, edit, and/or proofread professional quality publications that effectively communicates with the chosen audience
- Strong project-planning and management skills
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal/external customers and senior management
- Extensive knowledge of other administrative areas to answer inquiries and handle problems
- Extensive knowledge of how current adult learning theory applies to developing curriculum designed for adult learning
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, to include products, processes, and terminology
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication and team facilitation skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers; ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, English, communications, journalism, or a related field
- 4 - 6 years of job-related work experience
- 3 years in a leadership/senior/supervisory capacity in a diverse work environment
- 2 years of work experience in a customer facing role
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads the development, design, and production of a variety of documentation, communications products and training for Administrative Operations or the organization in accordance with relevant missions, objectives, directives, and policies; works with products that include, but are not limited to, internal/external announcements, proposals, news releases, newsletters, technical and administrative publications, system/product/process documentation and training, project plans and proposals, training manuals, etc.; devises and implements systems to ensure accurate and timely communication, documentation, and archiving of information; tracks and analyzes response rates to communications
- Motivates, coaches, and develops individuals within the team; ensures that consistent and constructive feedback is provided to employees through performance evaluations and other means of communication; monitors progress of new employees and identifies training needs of new and experienced employees; recommends promotions and terminations of employees as approved by management; prepares monthly performance information for management review
- Manages the interaction with functional service areas to research, gather, and verify information to create written documents, visual aids and training, including gathering primary and/or secondary data and information, and compiling and preparing responses; understands products and the project; identifies audience needs; writes, drafts, edits, and revises documents to meet deadlines; prepares and reviews appropriate relevant materials; ensures that all communications are routed through the appropriate channels for review and approval before distribution and use
- Edits, proofreads, and/or coordinates production of assigned materials, such as proposals, training manuals, statistical reports, memos, brochures, project scope documents, procedure and policy manuals, new letters, and presentations; determines relevance of general information to keep documentation current; stays abreast of overall department activities and projects; accepts source documents and other input, and creates documentation in the desired format; controls distribution of documentation as authorized
- Supervises employees within the team to ensure that quality and performance expectations and goals are met; establishes priorities and schedules work assignments as needed to ensure that processing/completion of requests meets established goals; assists employees with problems and questions; identifies process/procedure enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement
- Communicates extensively with team members, peers, business unit management, employees, field force, payroll accounts, policyholders, and other departments, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction; handles escalated business unit requests to provide resolutions; reviews internal customer complaints and inquiries to identify trends, and recommends enhancements to customer satisfaction
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $140,000
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.