Dir, Aflac D&V Technical Delivery
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $115,000 - $235,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
What will you be doing in this role?
- Experience in EDI transactions including 834 and 837 file processing
- Knowledge and experience in micro-services architecture applications
- Experience in cloud technologies
- Experience using agile development practices
- Effective written and verbal communication skills along with strong organization, decision making and management abilities
- Team player, leader and consensus builder.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a directly related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years management experience required; software development team management
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- 10+ years software product related experience
- ≤ 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the proper function and administration of the agile framework to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness in the management of deliveries and backlogs. Responsible for strategic direction and decision making within the pillar delivery structure. Collaborates with other business units and delivery organizations to ensure consistency in decisions, prioritization, and timelines to ensure alignment and dependency management.
- Responsible for setting vision, strategy and objectives for the team to deliver service and solution strategy and event plans for key events; lead the development of team objectives that support key corporate objectives and strategies; ensure compliance with accepted standards and polices are met and maintained; communicate with leadership to ensure alignment of priorities.
- Engage with the field and provide input on business strategy on expanding growth and revenue of the organization. Proactively lead and drive decisions or actions that will have a continuing effect on the quality of output or services to users that consume these services; champion and promote service improvements on an ongoing basis to continually improve quality, business objectives and customer satisfaction; maintain day to day responsibility for the ownership and resolution of service issues, dependencies and initiatives.
- Oversee the deployment and adoption of Agile and ITSM-based processes and controls to ensure quality, efficiency, security and speed are continuously managed, maintained and improved to meet business objectives within the services organization. Review service metrics (KPIs) that identify the success of the services being utilized to recommend and coordinate implementation of changes to services to improve metrics; coordinate inter-process changes with process owners.
- Ensure alignment of services and solutions to business needs; create and maintain the catalog description of existing services offered by the pillar; formulate and maintain an appropriate Service Level Management structure, review process, and timelines for pillar delivery; Ensure appropriate Operational-level agreements and Service-level agreements are in place to support any new services and solutions; analyze and review actual service performance against SLAs and OLAs; proactive implement enhancements that will improve service levels, compliance, and timeliness.
- Monitor service delivery milestones, technical status, and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of delivery schedules; partner with other delivery leaders to identify ways to resolve issues; manages any effects on related services, solutions, products and initiatives (projects).
- Develop service and solution strategy, plan, manage and report budget for the services organization; oversee training and professional development of the employees.
- Perform other duties as necessary
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $115,000 - $235,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, at least 10 days of prorated PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.