Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Remote or Hybrid
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Microsoft.NET Technology Stack
- .NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- Web Services (WCF, WPF & Web API)
- SQL Server
- Transact SQL (writing complex stored procedures, triggers, DTS packages)
- Mainframe Technology Stack
- Mainframe COBOL,
- MidFrame Technology Stack
- Genelco Group+ Policy Admin iSeries COBOL
- Genelco Life+ Policy Admin iSeries RPG
- Java/JVM & Scripting Technology Stack
- API and Integration
- IBM MQ Series Integration
- Configuration management and DevOps
- Vendor technologies
- IBM Filenet
- IBM DataCapture,
- OpenText Exstream,
- Microsoft MSdynamics365
- Data and Business Intelligence Technology Stack:
- Business Objects
- Microsoft SSIS
- Informatica PowerCenter
- IBM DB2
- Cloud Technology Stack
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft AZURE
- Azure Power Platform
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer Science, Information Systems or programming
- Four or more years of programming experience or related work experience
- Experience and understanding of multiple programming languages and applicable applications.
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on a limited number of projects as a member of each project team
- Works on small and large, moderately complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines; participates on one or more project teams, application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and production support
- Works with project teams to define and design scope for each project
- Participates in project planning sessions with clients, business analysts, and team members to analyze development requirements and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
- Tests and implements application modules from multiple systems the team has developed or modified, ensuring application meets the needs of client and business
- Provides ongoing maintenance of iSeries, mainframe and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Mainframe, and/or client/server applications or tools, depending upon previous involvement with projects
- Handles production support within their area of expertise and supports issues referred to them by developers or managers
- Provides design recommendations, developing and integrating programs per written specifications; occasionally responsible for writing moderate to complex design specifications
- Makes moderate to complex modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications and division standards
- Develops software application modules using disciplined software development processes; makes recommendations towards the development of object oriented base class reuse
- Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules.
- Prepares and presents status updates on various projects
- On-call duties required as assigned
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.