Assoc Quantitative Risk Analyst
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
ABOUT OUT COMPANY
Aflac Asset Management, LLC, (d.b.a. Aflac Global Investments) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac Incorporated (Aflac). Aflac Global Investments (GI) located in New York’s financial district and is the organization responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac, Inc. and subsidiaries in Japan, Bermuda, and the U.S. With 150 employees globally, GI seeks investments to maximize long-term returns with a focus on preservation of capital, subject to our asset-liability profile and liquidity and capital requirements. GI has primary investment and asset management responsibility for Aflac’s general account consisting of public, private, and growth assets (including strategic partnerships) which generates approximately $3.5 billion a year in net investment income. As of year-end 2022, Aflac’s total general account portfolio was $111 billion.
The investment teams support GI’s overall goals and objectives by providing market insight and in-depth knowledge of assigned asset classes. GI oversees the strategic deployment of capital for life and supplemental health insurance company balance sheets utilizing both internal teams and external third party asset managers. In 2021, Aflac Inc. became a signatory of the Principles of Responsible Investment (PRI), the global framework for incorporating ESG considerations into investment and ownership decisions. As a PRI signatory, Aflac reinforced their continued commitment to seeking ESG friendly investments into their overall SAA.
Working as a member of Aflac Global Investments (GI) and the Global Investments Risk Management (GIRM) team, participate in the delivery of second line risk management and associated analytics for investment and investment related activities in Aflac’s subsidiary, Aflac Asset Management LLC (AAMLLC). Collaborate on the development, implementation and validation of the division’s investment risk, capital, asset and liability management (ALM) models. Support the enhancement of the investment risk framework to ensure robust identification, assessment, measurement and monitoring of key risks.
Reports to: Head of Quantitative and Financial Risk – Aflac Global Investments Risk Management
Primary Relationships: GIRM team members, Quantitative Analytic Solutions team, GI information technology, GI business leaders and staff, ERM, business partners including accounting, tax, legal, actuarial, treasury
- Collaborate with GIRM teams members to perform second line comprehensive risk analyses across investment risks to ensure compliance with the firm’s risk appetites, tolerances and investment risk limits
- Work closely with Quantitative Analytic Solutions team to validate and calibrate models for implementation in division’s investment risk, capital, asset and liability management (ALM) framework
- Provide quantitative support and business insight to GI business leaders and staff for different investment and risk management decisions, through analyses of financial impacts due to exposures in market risk, credit risk, asset/liability risk and / or operational risk
- Provide documentation and validation of models and calibration techniques
- Assist with the management of code repository and source codes for all analytics performed by GIRM
- Collaborate with GIRM’s technologists to ensure models are efficient and robust as deployed into production
- Participate in the production and presentation of oral and written analyses and concepts, including management recommendations
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in financial services quantitative risk management; will consider recent graduates if able to present similar skills from an internships or similar work experience(preferably life insurance), either in industry, or as a consultant
- Master’s Degree in Quantitative Finance, Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Actuarial Science, Physics or Computer Science or other related field is desirable
- CFA, FRM, Actuarial credentials or similar investment risk management credentials a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of applications of financial mathematics, statistical methods, quantitative return and risk analytics to investment oriented business problems
- Ideally some experience, but at a minimum strong theoretical understanding in valuation, stress testing and quantitative analytics for asset structures
- Strong model development experience in programming languages such as C#, Python, and VBA is a must
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills is a must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines
- Team player
The range on this positions is: $56,000 - $132,000
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.