Sr US FP&A Analyst
Location: Columbus, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Knowledge of financial analysis and planning
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Statutory accounting principles (STAT)
- Diagnostic and creative problem solving skills
- Strong data analytical skills used to research, interpret, and present findings
- Understanding of business fundamentals and an understanding of qualitative and quantitative business-based analysis and metrics
- Basic understanding of the P&L and Balance Sheet
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and familiarity with IRS regulations
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently under deadline pressure with competing priorities
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field
- Five years of professional job-related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Financial services and/or insurance industry experience
Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as point of contact for business partners; acts as a department liaison and a financial liaison for internal departments; assists assigned groups with financial software and technical issues; provides system training for office staff as needed
- Provides monthly reporting including key metrics (KPI’s) and financial results
- Supports monthly financial analysis including commentary on significant variances to budgets and forecasts
- Analyzes reports and raw data to provide insights, create presentations and provide support for business cases
- Assists business partners in the development of “bottoms up” budgets and strategic long range forecasts
- Identifies and prepares manual journal entries
- Assists business partners in the preparation of monthly forecasts based on current business trends, economic and strategic factors
- Routinely presents financial results and insights to senior executives
- Performs ad-hoc financial modeling to support the strategic planning process and potential projects
- Recommends improvements to processes and procedures to streamline activities, enhance service turnaround time, improve productivity, and improve quality; continuously improves internal financial reporting and analysis
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced staff
- Performs other ad-hoc analysis and related duties as assigned
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.