Client Services Specialist II
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $31,200 to $68,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: On-Site, Columbia, SC
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Good teamwork skills
- Strong oral and writing communications skills
- Good math skills
- Excellent comprehension and reasoning abilities
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with internal/external business contacts
Education & Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Life and Health Insurance Specialist and/or Client Service Specialist Certification
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Under general supervision performs routine duties in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines; performs duties under general supervision; with intermittent review, refers to Lead Specialist for guidance in completing all unusual or more complex situations
- Performs certificate level maintenance changes, analyzes and handles service requirements from various sources associated with customer certificates; calls or sends letters to request additional information or confirm action; researches customer correspondence, invoices, and payment history; determines the disposition of funds not paid as billed or allocated with appropriate suspense account
- Reconciles customer payments; reviews payments for variances and matches relevant details to premium payments; coordinates obtaining required billing documentation for customers; adjusts accounts based on collected information
- Performs various clerical duties as assigned, such as filing, photocopying, typing, maintaining databases and preparing and extracting information using software systems
- Provides thorough and accurate responses to customer requests/inquiries received via Internet, phone, document, etc.; and effectively communicates via oral and in written communications
- Provides back-up coverage for other teams as required, maintains databases, and prepares and extracts information using software systems
- Communicates with payroll accounts, sales producers, and various departments to obtain additional information or confirm changes; generates necessary correspondence
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $31,200 $68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1-hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.