Pega Developer I
Location: Columbus, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $55,000 - $140,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: Remote or Hyrbrid
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Hands on Experience in Designing and Implementing Enterprise Class Rules, PRPC Flows, Activities, Reports and Correspondence, PRPC Case Management and various PRPC Integrations
- Hands on experience in implementing Pega integration services using REST, SOAP, BIXetc.
- Solid fundamentals in Core Java & Object Oriented concepts
- Experience in client side technologies like HTML, Java Script, CSS
- Knowledge in web services, JMS, Middleware tools (like Web Methods, Mulesoft, Tibco), Web frameworks (like Struts, Spring), Design Patterns (like MVC I, MVC II etc).
- Knowledge of industry standard project delivery frameworks including: Agile, Waterfall and Scrum
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- Two or more years experience of n-tier, database and client server design/development
- Experience in design and implementation of PRPC-based solutions
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Certification PEGA CSA
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze, design and support implementation of business-specific Pega solutions and/or frameworks as well as the development, test, and production Pega environments
- Support the implementation of Pega projects to ensure the implementation is consistent with design decisions, standards and best practices
- Translate complex business requirements into functional technical requirements and well designed, well performing solutions using Pega technology
- Perform code reviews and ensure compliance with application quality, coding, UI and Corporate standards, including review alert logs, running pre-flight and PAL.
- Enforce best practices in Pega Architecture / design / coding
- Provide ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of system
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $55,000 to $140,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.