Sr Treasury Consultant
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $70,000 - $160,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a remote role. You will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. Although this role is designated as remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge and understanding of short-term cash forecasting and reporting
- Strong knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial systems and treasury management software
- Knowledge of Treasury related payments, EFT or digital payments including credit card
- Knowledge and understanding of bank fees and credit card analysis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In accounting, business administration, finance, or a related field
- Eight years of professional job-related work experience
- Treasury, payments, or cash management experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- SAP experience
- Insurance industry experience
Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes the foreign exchange trade settlement process while supporting the global foreign exchange and interest rate hedging function, collects and aggregates data for hedging program for accounting and internal audit.
- Monitors the parent company and all subsidiary companies for potential cash injections.
- Administers and funds the uncommitted and revolving credit lines for the parent company and subsidiaries, including interest rate resets, principal repayment, tracking and other reporting requirements.
- Interacts with Corporate Finance, Tax, Legal and Accounting teams across the company related to debt issuance, management fees, statutory dividends, quarterly tax payments etc.
- Executes monthly debt interest payments and provides quarterly compliance reporting.
- Performs daily cash positioning for Aflac Incorporated and all non-insurance legal entities.
- Prepares short-term cash flow optimization and forecast, interest income and expense forecasting.
- Supports month-end accounting close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete recording and reporting of financial transactions.
- Executes short-term investments for Aflac Incorporated and other non-insurance legal entities.
- Documents and maintains Treasury management policies and procedures.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Responds to audit inquiries in a timely manner.
- Completes ad hoc projects as directed. Assists with special projects on an as needed basis; provides support for all Treasury related initiatives.
- Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides training to all Treasury Management team members; serves as a mentor for new team members.
- Performs other duties as required.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $160,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.