Technical Support Analyst
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000 - $95,000
Remote/Hybrid/On-Site: On-site (Columbia, SC)
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- Microsoft Platforms
- Intel-based PCs
- Microsoft Office
- Hardware and OS Mgmt
- Internet Computing
- Windows Technologies
- Networking Technologies
- Software Evaluation
- Network Security
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Zero to two or more years of work desk, computer operations or related experience
- Working knowledge of basic-to-complex hardware and software products, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the latest technologies obtained by attending training and conferences
- Standing, walking, crouching, bending as necessary in the movement of PC peripherals, such as desktops, printers, etc. with moderate lifting of approximately 25 pounds
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Meets with user staff to understand business requirements; provides operational support to all business partners to include all forms of end user computing devices
- Serves as the subject matter expert in performing complex maintenance and support of most customer products; works on projects as a project team member or lead, and may participate in project planning and requirements
- Troubleshoots and analyzes complex issues/problems specific to a broad range of infrastructure products and networking components; documents solutions and builds checklists for team use; provides on-the-spot training with clients and practices proactive knowledge-sharing
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends hardware and software technologies to support business initiatives
- Participates in the development and communication of solutions for client service improvements, including but not limited to documenting instructions, process improvements, solutions, technical articles, white papers, and proposals
- Provides basic-to-complex support on a broad range of products; acts as the subject matter expert in certain areas; escalates problems appropriately and monitors and maintains ownership of issues to ensure problem resolution; works on projects/systems/issues of smallto-medium complexity; provides daily operations support and maintenance for network systems
- Installs new software, hardware, upgrades, and peripheral devices; installs, configures, and maintains network components
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $95,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities