Account Service Coordinator
Location: South Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $40,000 to $95,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is designated as a hybrid role, meaning that you will be expected to work at Aflac Group Laurel Street Office in Columbia, SC for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Advanced knowledge of business unit process, procedures, and policies
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; this includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Skill in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision-making
Education & Experience Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 years job related work experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- 1 year experience in billing or premium processing
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison coordinating account maintenance/financial health activities with various internal departments to ensure effective and efficient account administration; communicates with business units to ensure account issues are avoided or resolved promptly and prevent re-occurrence
- Conducts group/account level audits to identify potential risks, issues and trends
- Analyzes and completes reports related to account activity and financial health to identify trends and document process improvements; maintains a record of service efforts and results; consults on the implementation of the appropriate activity to resolve service and administration concerns identified through the audit; partnering with the supporting business unit(s) as needed
- Updates and maintains account profiles, to include servicing and other pertinent data for effective and efficient account management
- Seeks resolution to ongoing service issues; works with internal parties to achieve first time right solutions
- Leveraging audit outcomes, facilitates meetings and/or conference calls with appropriate parties to include management, supporting business units and other areas as needed to address payroll concerns surrounding account status and/or service objectives; coordinates efforts with Aflac Individual / Aflac Group for shared cases for billing issues on Shared Cases
- Gathers, organizes, and prepares data for internal and external purposes to resolve group and certificate level discrepancies
- Reconciles group level premiums; reviews payments for variances; and takes necessary steps to resolve issues by contacting appropriate internal parties; adjusts accounts based on collected information
- Performs other duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $95,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.